• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jrufano

jrufano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:16 PM

I have enigmah -x final, alleged final, mod in my machine. I have an original Panzer Dragoon orta. It sits on the xbox screen, but won't load. I left it there for 15 minutes, nothing happens. Do you know if there is a patch, or somehow to make this work. I haven't had this problem with any game, splinter cell. I check some of my other titles they all work fine. If someone can direct me to a place with patches, or provide any help, I would appreciate it.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (jrufano @ Jan 23 2003, 04:16 PM)
I have enigmah -x final, alleged final, mod in my machine. I have an original Panzer Dragoon orta. It sits on the xbox screen, but won't load. I left it there for 15 minutes, nothing happens. Do you know if there is a patch, or somehow to make this work. I haven't had this problem with any game, splinter cell. I check some of my other titles they all work fine. If someone can direct me to a place with patches, or provide any help, I would appreciate it.

Clearly this is a problem with EVERYBODY'S backup of Panzer Dragoon Ooorta, and not something as simple as a media problem, because there is no WAY you'd waste a thread by asking about something as simple and COMMON as a media problem, right?

Then again, even if it WAS a problem with PDO that required some sort of patch, it stands to reason there would already be a thread or two started on the subject, so this thread WOULD be a waste of bandwidth, right?

:::sigh:::

#3 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:44 PM

Not sure if it is a media problem... he says original Panzer Dragoon

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (b0ink @ Jan 23 2003, 04:44 PM)
Not sure if it is a media problem... he says original Panzer Dragoon

Still likely a media problem. Stamped discs are not always perfect.

It wouldn't be the first disc out of the box to fail.

#5 jrufano

jrufano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:19 PM

I just came back from the store they switched the game for me. They opened a new one and gave it to me. This ORIGINAl will not load either. I have no problems buying games, but I would prefer them to work. I tested out some of my other original bought titles, they work fine. I have a feeling that it might somehow detect the mod. The mod was installed by a very reputable installer. A lot of people on this site recommended him qualitymods.com. At the time he said it was an enigmah final. So if anyone else has any solutions, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sorry if this might be in another post, I have failed to find any resolution. Don't mean to waste any one's time. Thanks.

#6 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:23 PM

So PDO is the ONLY original that won't work in the system? You have other ORIGINALS that work fine?

#7 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:30 PM

I don't think it is the mod... I know of quite a few people playing the game with a mod with no problems.

#8 jrufano

jrufano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:31 PM

Yes, I justed tested Halo, wwf and oddworld. As well as i've been renting games like a mad man since the summer. I never once had a problem like this. Splinter Cell, any mech game all ran fine. I don't want to look like a dick and go back to the store, well atleast not tonight. But this game is obviously not going to work for me. It's been on for a 1/2 hour, never passes the XBOX logo screen. Any suggestions?

#9 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:38 PM

Boot to your dashboard without the disk in the drive, then put it in and use boxexplorer or the equivilent to see if the Xbox can even see the disk. You could also try to launch the game from the dash.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by b0ink, 23 January 2003 - 11:39 PM.

#10 jrufano

jrufano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:58 PM

Very good post b0ink, I love intelligent posts. I just did that, and it does see the cd. Here's the interesting thing, i highlighted default.xbe, and hit "A" it went to a black screen and just stayed there. I reset the machine went back into boxplorer and ran pd1.xbe it ran the original panzer?? So think you think maybe mod/machine has a problem running the default.xbe. I only have one app (xboxplorer) and 1 game (monolpoly) on the machine. No other apps or emu's or anything. I pretty much just rent and play. No online, (live) original harddrive, no updated bios's switches. Pretty much a new machine, with just the enigmah x in it. Once again thanks for any help.

#11 Igneous

Igneous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 January 2003 - 06:30 AM

Thats very wierd, i got 2 xboxes here, with matrix chip and x2-litey chip and they both work fine, i got the original panzer dragoon and the i made a backup of it and burned it and it works perfectly. I however did make an image before i burn (as i always do), perhaps your xbox is on crack or did you smoke some weed too close to the xbox laugh.gif ? I doubt its any modchip detection scheme (although i could be wrong). You should'nt get paranoid though and go crazy and say think is a mod chip detection thingy (remember LOTR when PX released was farked up, and people thought it was mod protection). I really think its your xbox or the game in some crazy way, because this game works flawless for me.

#12 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 January 2003 - 01:02 PM

Try making a backup of it and patching the default.xbe. I don't think it's a mod-chip detection scheme, but it may have something to do with the mod chip possibly being a beta.

#13 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 02:32 PM

The enigmah beta patch will likely do nothing for your situation, this is, after all, an original we are talking about here.

The "released" version has no patches, there is no modchip detection.

The original should just "run"

Nobody here has chimed in on their experience with an ORIGINAL, we can't verify this is a consistent problem with Enigmahs or any mod chip.

If there is anybody here with the SAME SETUP, who can test it out, let's hear from you.

#14 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:27 PM

I rented this from blockbuster... works with a matrix.

#15 jrufano

jrufano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

I'm not going to go nuts over one title. Worst comes to worst, I will sell this one off and get a new one with a new mod. I will try to patch the xbe just for kicks. Forgive me for I never patched a xbox title before. I should download one of the xbe patchers from this site. Patch then create an iso or burn udf128+3? If so let me know, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users