169 replies to this topic

#61 saintpap

saintpap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (madmab @ Nov 27 2004, 11:35 AM)
My memory is a little fuzzy but I believe that the only differences between a 486 and a 386 was the 486 was faster and it has the math coprocessor built in.

Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

Your memory is pretty good biggrin.gif

The 486's main differences were an optimisations to the instruction set and the caching. Those optimisations were pretty nifty though - they allowed the chip to do double what a 386 could at the same clock speed.

The FPU is a bit of a different story. A faulty batch of 486 chips with defective FPUs were produced. Instead of junking them the manufacturers disabled the FPU and sold them as 486SXs. It turned out to be a popular move - so much so that they continued the line with a specially redesigned version of the chip.

486SXs continued to be sold without an FPU until the demise of that range.

#62 maaark

maaark

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

I'm having trouble with The 7th Guest...
I've FTP'd the HDfiles over to the xboxHD, and have inserted T7G CD... I've tried out all kinds of settings, but everytime I get an error the game can't find the selected soundcard.

Can somebody also look into this please?

All the patches can be found HERE

#63 BulkySam

BulkySam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:07 PM

I just have a real quick question/request. I'm sure everyone here has read on the main page about the new Magic Box FXPS. It is a product that allows one to connect a ps/2 keyboard and mouse to xbox. Though it was designed for first person shooter games, I was wondering if it can be used for games in dosxbox? So I guess the question is can it be used and if not will support be added in a later version? No pressure.

#64 blackwolf

blackwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:27 AM

Im having some problems with some sierra adventure games crashing when moving the mouse. police quest 4, quest for glory 4, gaberial knight. All of them crash the very second i move the mouse (or move mouse using gamepad too) ive tried them on pc version of dosbox and they work fine.

Any ideas??

#65 Rion

Rion

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:31 AM

Dosbox OpenSource Direct3D patch

http://home.amis.net...avi/dosbox.html

Maby you can make it work on the Xbox Port?

#66 GutterBoy

GutterBoy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:34 AM

I can't get my USB mouse to work at all. Any ideas? Also I can't use IMGMOUNT. It just seems to lock up the machine.

#67 harlekin

harlekin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(blackwolf @ Jan 4 2005, 12:58 AM)
Im having some problems with some sierra adventure games crashing when moving the mouse. police quest 4, quest for glory 4, gaberial knight. All of them crash the very second i move the mouse (or move mouse using gamepad too) ive tried them on pc version of dosbox and they work fine.

Any ideas??

View Post

no, but i have exactly the same problem. smile.gif

#68 everlasting1

everlasting1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:01 AM

I've got a v1.2 xbox, original 10GB HD, I'm running a late december build of XBMC for my dashboard and I can't get DosXbox to work.

I have a wireless USB keyboard combo too (gyration) but I unplugged it.

It just goes to a black screen. I installed to f:\apps\emulation\dosxbox\ but tried it on E as well. I fiddled with the .ini file (not much to do there, really) and tried loading avalaunch first, then DosXbox, still no go.

Any thoughts?

the xport of the commodore 64 emu works perfect, as well as Gentoox and other things.. bochs works too but it is not as well designed IMO.

Help?

#69 everlasting1

everlasting1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

CORRECTION:

If I start DosXbox v8 via avalaunch (so boot to xbmc, then avalaunch, then dosxbox) it works GREAT.

Something in xbox media center not cleaning up fully?

Weird. And w3rd.

#70 debikkel

debikkel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:13 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but could a custom config.sys be configured for each game? I'm trying to do a LASTDRIVE setting in order to try and get my X-Wing CD and Tie Fighter CD to work.

I installed the games to my pc harddisk, copied those installed files over to the Xbox and ran install.exe there. It found the soundcard settings and everything is looking good, but it can't find either -original- cd in the drive (all further emulator configuration ie cdrom mapping is done properly as far as I can see).

I would like to set LASTDRIVE in order to give it all one last try with fakecd, and see if X-Wing or Tie Fighter understands that. But fakecd doesn't work due to no driveletters available... which... can be set using LASTDRIVE in config.sys smile.gif

Or have I completely lost track here somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#71 Mr.INSANE

Mr.INSANE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:11 PM

Dosbox OpenSource Direct3D patch

http://home.amis.net...avi/dosbox.html

Maby you can make it work on the Xbox Port?

that could be very usefull and the games would look much better but xport has seemed to have disapparead

Edited by Mr.INSANE, 08 February 2005 - 04:12 PM.

#72 Danjuro

Danjuro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:09 PM

He's prolly too busy porting DirectX9 (And WindowsXP while he's at it) for your suggestion to work ;)

#73 FISTOFGOD

FISTOFGOD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:09 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else had run into this problem. I'm trying to play Ravenloft 2: Stone prophet and it gives me a "Bufmgr error 102 parameter=0" everytime. Whats weird is that it plays on my PC in Dosbox and on my xbox with Dosbox v4.01-hcl just fine, but Xport's Dosbox wont get past that bufmgr error. Any suggestions or am I out of luck? Thanks!

#74 FISTOFGOD

FISTOFGOD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:51 AM

Nevermind, the solution was to not mount a CDrom at all.

#75 Pistol

Pistol

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(debikkel @ Feb 7 2005, 08:19 PM)
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is possible, but could a custom config.sys be configured for each game? I'm trying to do a LASTDRIVE setting in order to try and get my X-Wing CD and Tie Fighter CD to work.

I installed the games to my pc harddisk, copied those installed files over to the Xbox and ran install.exe there. It found the soundcard settings and everything is looking good, but it can't find either -original- cd in the drive (all further emulator configuration ie cdrom mapping is done properly as far as I can see).

I would like to set LASTDRIVE in order to give it all one last try with fakecd, and see if X-Wing or Tie Fighter understands that. But fakecd doesn't work due to no driveletters available... which... can be set using LASTDRIVE in config.sys smile.gif

Or have I completely lost track here somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

View Post

I think I may have had a similar problem to you with my X-Wing Collector's Edition CD-ROM. I ran the install program on a Windows 98 PC and copied the installed directory over to the Xbox as recommended. However, when I tried to run the game, it claimed that I was trying to run it from the hard drive and not the CD, which was not the case at all.

I actually found out the solution by checking the compatibility list for the PC version of DosBox; there was a comment against X-Wing that said you had to run BWING.EXE instead of XWINGCD.BAT to start the game. I tried it in DosXBox, and it ran!

So it might be worth trying to run any .EXE (or even .BAT) files, even if they're not the ones you would have launched on a real 386. Give it a shot, it might just work!

(Unfortunately, I don't have high hopes for TIE-fighter CD running terribly well; my X-Wing CD runs terribly jerkily, think it's a step too far for DosXBox at the moment sad.gif The disk version of X-Wing runs a lot better though smile.gif)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users