40 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:10 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of HUGO-X.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about HUGO-X
Report a bug about HUGO-X
Submit a feature request for HUGO-X

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than HUGO-X.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for HUGO-X.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:33 PM

Would it be possible to make it so HuGo-X stores screen size settings per game like XboyAdvance? Since certain PCE games (Fighting Street, Mr. Heli, etc.) use a wider aspect ratio. Thankies happy.gif

#3 fil

fil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:00 PM

yes i agree with the one above, + flicker filter disable!! why flicker filter is on on any emulator is beyond me! wink.gif

and also we need the new hugo sources, there are quite a few games that dont run on the current hugox, and the latest sources by zeograd fix that, in fact sources 6 months ago fixed it

thanks

#4 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (fil @ Aug 30 2004, 01:03 PM)
and also we need the new hugo sources, there are quite a few games that dont run on the current hugox, and the latest sources by zeograd fix that, in fact sources 6 months ago fixed it

What code changes from 6 months ago would those be? And what exactly is fixed?

#5 fil

fil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (XPort @ Aug 30 2004, 09:20 PM)
What code changes from 6 months ago would those be? And what exactly is fixed?

eg. games like Zipang and Jackie Chan are fixed, along with many other games

they load to title, but crash 'after' title screen

the new code has some bug fixes in the cpu and dma

i've pm'd the details to you ...

#6 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:10 AM

could anyone recap the method of having pce cd games run on the HDD? i have a lot of the real cd's, but my reader is crap. i try to use it as little as possible, so anything that i plan to play for a decent amount of time i put into the HDD. i use CDDissect, and it puts a game into files like track01.mp3 track02.iso...etc. if i throw them all into the HDD, and try to run the iso, it doesn't work. dracula x did, but not any others.

#7 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:59 PM

i use CDDissect, and it puts a game into files like track01.mp3 track02.iso...etc. if i throw them all into the HDD, and try to run the iso, it doesn't work.

Are you actually trying to load the ISO? You are supposed to load the CUE.

#8 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:57 PM

ah. i got it mixed up with sega cd and psx games.

#9 dark_sonic

dark_sonic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

Hi,
first of all thanks for the amazing work you have done with your emulator ports
It really kicks ass. I wished other emus like mame or xsnes would at least support a screenshot displaing function in there launcher. well, too bad you haven't portet it. wink.gif

FEATURE REQUEST:
-----------------------
Well I mostly noticed this on your neogenesis port, but I assume this is also true for your Hugo Port aswell: The cue sheet doesn't support relative nor absolute paths to the Bin & mp3s.
Well it would be great, if you could add support for it, so that the file selection becomes easier. Going inside a subdir for each CD Image has two major drawbacks, first you have to look for the right file to lauch, since all files are showed, including the mp3s etc. 2nd, if you go one dir (back to the main roms dir) you start at the begining of that dir . That can be pretty anoying with a large roms collection.

Well, in any case Thanks for your ports.
SoniC

Edited by dark_sonic, 15 October 2004 - 07:44 PM.

#10 fil

fil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

when a game crashes the xbox completely locks up and it has to be powered off

would be a lot better if, when the emulator crashed, it jumped back to the front end

that aside if hugo was updated with newer sources it would fix the crashes in most games, so then the locking problem would be avoided anyway

#11 jameskn

jameskn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:10 AM

I was wondering if you would include support for PCE CD images in Bin/Cue format in the next release and also Zipped CD support in Bin/Cue formatas well.

Thanks.

#12 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:20 PM

does anyone have Legendary Axe working? i've never gotten it to work without it filckering

#13 MameManiac

MameManiac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:48 AM

hi, im using hugo-x v10 & i can play rom files off my xbox hard drive but i cant play the same roms off cd? when i select a game the screen goes black and then goes back to the game list, the cd's im using are compatible with my xbox drive so i know thats not the problem.

#14 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:26 AM

i meant Legendary Axe II. the first one's fine

#15 greycellgreen

greycellgreen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:55 PM

BUG:
I assume this is somewhat related to CUEs not supporting relative paths: while navigating to a folder and loading the CUE works great, marking the CUE as a favourite and running it from the favourites menu results in a hard lock at the "loading..." screen.

As for Legendary Axe II, it doesn't work on the PC version of Hu-Go, so bother that author first.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users