103 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:11 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of MAMEoX+VMM.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about MAMEoX+VMM
Report a bug about MAMEoX+VMM
Submit a feature request for MAMEoX+VMM

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than MAMEoX+VMM.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for MAMEoX+VMM.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:45 PM

Is there any chance that MAMEoX could be made to display games in their correct aspect ratios? Many games just look wrong when stretched to fill the display area. Thankies. happy.gif

Edited by Likklebaer, 30 August 2004 - 03:46 PM.

#3 Tulius

Tulius

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:46 PM

ph34r.gif Is it possible to rework only a little the video engine in Mameox? The old Mamex dont suffered from screen tearing problems and seemed a little faster also in effect... Maybe making the screen updates faster, can the emulator gains some more fps in result who knows? wink.gif Ah, I will never cease to discuss the importance to implement the flicker filter option not only on this emu, but in all other projects laugh.gif .

#4 fil

fil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

please please please can we have flicker filter disable switch, and Simple 2x video filter, to get it looking chunky and sharp, rather than blurred huh.gif

#5 Dai_UK

Dai_UK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:23 PM

Any chance of implementing the new light gun changes recently made by someone else, they get my sharpshooter to work.

I think you said you wouldn't do this but please consider changing the menu

#6 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:57 PM

720p support. beerchug.gif

#7 xemumanic

xemumanic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:08 PM

What about a per-game setting menu for MAMEoX? That way you could enable/disable a great many number of options for each game, like CPU overclock (Double Dragon is dying for this) VSync, and the like. It'd be a great addtion if it also updated VM.txt with whatever setting you put in the VM options. That way, if yu load up a game that wasn't in VM.txt, and made settings for it, it would automatically be added to VM.txt.

#8 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

Save states do not load correctlyand mame crashes. This seems to happen mostly when using the cheats.dat. The prior non-vmm version worked fine. Maybe the vmm part isn't being saved in the state file??

Thanks Mike

#9 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

what about support for a USB keyboard for extended button mapping and use with keyboard controls for arcade systems.

#10 Likklebaer

Likklebaer

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

MAMEoX's analogue controls definitely need looking at. Games like Star Wars are so hard to play if one is using the analogue stick since the crosshair just moves too fast. Lightgun games are similarly affected. Adjusting the analogue sensitivity does nothing for the speed and the key/joy speed setting only works for digital inputs.

#11 Manabyte

Manabyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:12 PM

I'd like to suggest screenshot support in the "list rom" view like your other emulators. I know you can currently see screenshots but you can only see one rom title in a time in that view.

#12 psxpirate1

psxpirate1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:10 AM

I guess a new Gui is probably out of the question... I love your interface. It's much better looking and alot cleaner. I wonder if the original author would mind it at all...

#13 kvajnto

kvajnto

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:09 AM

Another vote for "per-game setting".

#14 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:32 AM

I second the request concerning analog input, especially with trackball games. Further the stick is pushed the faster ball is spinned.

I remember someone mentioning that mame needed a couple more directory slots (for screenshots?) because one dir cannot hold enough for all the games.

I like the individual setting as well, but more for overlays and arcade cabinet. Some games I dont mind them, but other games the gameplay screen is too small. An all or nothing does not work well. Of course I know this can be circumvented by not having the overlays present, but sometimes for kicks I like to turn these on.

#15 Pistol

Pistol

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:26 PM

Feature request: any chance of supporting HID-compliant USB controllers in your emulators? Long shot I know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users