160 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:13 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of StepmaniaX.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about StepmaniaX
Report a bug about StepmaniaX
Submit a feature request for StepmaniaX

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than StepmaniaX.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for StepmaniaX.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:50 PM

I would like to see an update to StepmaniaX. Even though its not really necessary.. it would be great to see it with video support and using virtual memory so that more songs can be used without the program freezing or being laggy. Also support for disabling the analog sticks after configuring the screen size would be a nice feature also (maybe having to click on the analog sticks to enable/disable). There is another person working on another port of stepmania if you are interested in helping him heres a link to his blog site:

http://stepmaniax.blogspot.com/

#3 stezo2k

stezo2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:39 PM

to be honest, i would like an update too, i'm not really that interested in upgrading the version, it just would be nice to have a few speed optimisations (characters, animations and announcers do lag the game quite a bit)

sorry if i'm asking too much, it's just it's one of the games i play the most

#4 Miy

Miy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:52 AM

I am about to install version 5 and some more additional songs.
The issue I am not guite aware of, is the file syntax = naming.
- Is there something I should do for the file names ?
- Are "()#[] or such a special chars working ?
- Are the files MP3 or should I convert them to something else? (wma)

All advices welcome. Thanks

Miy

Edited by Miy, 01 September 2004 - 08:52 AM.

#5 Ichibo

Ichibo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:26 AM

I'd like to see support for Pump it Up. I can select it from the Select Game menu, but it doesn't seem to have any keys mapped by default and it hangs as soon as the How to Play screen would normally come up.

#6 Master_Chiefzor

Master_Chiefzor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:48 AM

I would love to see an update to this as well...perhaps it would make more sense to wait until stepmania 4.0 is released though.....either way, an update would rock

#7 Luceo

Luceo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:45 AM

I love StepManiaX, but apparently there was a bug fixed in 3.9a8 and above of StepMania about arrows missing for no reason. That bugfix is the main reason I'm humbly requesting an update to StepManiaX. smile.gif

#8 Miy

Miy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:54 AM

I dont know what version you guys are having as it sems to me
that version 5 is already excisting but you are talking about version 4
to be released.
wait until stepmania 4.0 is released

Seems also that no one has ever put any sound to StepmaniaX so I will
test it mysef and you may go on stracthing your asses laugh.gif

Miy

Edited by Miy, 03 September 2004 - 09:56 AM.

#9 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:25 PM

they were talking about the pc version of stepmania as its at 3.9 alpha 22 right now. the xbox version of stepmania used the 3.9 alpha 7 sources (which is stepmaniax_v5)

#10 Miy

Miy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 05:54 PM

Bhaa, that different then as I thoug this was for Stepmania Xbox version.

Anyway I am right now uploading the songs and those brackets are
an obvious problem except () e.g ELECTRICAL PARADE (Retro Future Mix)
had no problems to be copied.

Well for those who are doing this first time a hint. Sounds (dirs) have to be
copied to under songs/sample/

Well that's it

Miy

#11 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

its been known that stepmaniax v5 has had a problem with too many songs when loading for the first time (i had 683 songs and it would freeze after some songs would be written to the cache) the weird thing is that if you use stepmaniax v2 (a clean installation) for the first time with a lot of songs it doesnt freeze at all (thats also with 683 songs). now im wondering since v2 was based from the pc versions alpha 6. the problem probably lies in alpha 7 (currently in stepmaniax v5).

xport, maybe you can redo stepmania 3.0 fix the nasty bugs that plagued stepmania v1 (making a 1:1 port of the pc version with no probs), instead of waiting for the newer stepmania alphas or even 4.0 to come out for pc. that would be good enough i think. Sorry for asking too much, but your ports seem so flawless. playing stepmaniax is the only reason why i shunned my ddr ps2 versions.

Edited by lp2000, 03 September 2004 - 11:08 PM.

#12 pixelSHREDDER

pixelSHREDDER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:26 AM

Has anything been done in StepmaniaX to solve the problem of accidently stepping on letter spaces of the pad during a song? Like in DDR games, they've got an option that turns off those buttons during songs

#13 lp2000

lp2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 04:37 AM

to disable the other buttons on the dance pad you can just remap the buttons in the options menu.. but make sure you have a usb keyboard that can work for your xbox (theres tuts to show how to make an adapter) because you cannot map the buttons without one.

#14 stlunasmitts

stlunasmitts

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:29 PM

I would also like to disable the buttons, without using a keyboard. I already spent money on the pads, I don't want to go out and get a keyboard and all that too.

#15 Luceo

Luceo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (stlunasmitts @ Sep 5 2004, 09:32 PM)
I would also like to disable the buttons, without using a keyboard.  I already spent money on the pads, I don't want to go out and get a keyboard and all that too.

You can find several prewritten keymaps.ini files on the net. Once you have one that disables the buttons, FTP into your xbox and put it in StepmaniaX's Data directory, I believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users