8 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:14 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of WinSTonX.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about WinSTonX
Report a bug about WinSTonX
Submit a feature request for WinSTonX

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than WinSTonX.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for WinSTonX.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:06 AM

ok since the atari emu's do not seem to be getting any loving. I'll go ahead and dive in with a first post. huh.gif

Whenever I insert a disk into Drive B it brings up the configuration menu (odd).

In addition you would think the "Disk in Drive A" and "Disk in Drive B" options would be on the initial configuration screen.

Also the music starts back up when exiting a game. I had "Start with music" set to No and "Turn of music when playing" to Yes. (some bugs just seem to keep showing their ugly faces).

Incorporate support for gamebaseST v2.0
GamebaseST uses the same program as the Gamebase 64.

That is all, thank you for your time.

#3 Antiriad

Antiriad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:09 PM

Have yet to find a version of R-Type that works on WinSTonX or its PC counterpart. The Automation version crashes on the ED logo and all others stay blank.

Anyone got R-Type to work at all?

#4 dogbertblah

dogbertblah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

Is there any way to apply a "name" to a game in the favourites list in WinSton? I'd like to be able to organise it a little better than just a list of filenames which for me are all a_???.msa & hard to find what game I'm looking for.

#5 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 October 2004 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Antiriad @ Sep 13 2004, 07:12 PM)
Have yet to find a version of R-Type that works on WinSTonX or its PC counterpart. The Automation version crashes on the ED logo and all others stay blank.

Anyone got R-Type to work at all?

R-Type trips a bug in the WinSTon core. Works ok with STeeM.

http://steem.atari.st

I think you CAN patch the disk image... you'd have to search on "The little Green Desktop" forums for some posts about 3 years ago to find the solution.

#6 Antiriad

Antiriad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 02:29 PM

Hmm, couldnt find a patch for the disk, instead I found a code fix for the emulator WinSTon itself.

Any chance you could implement this in WinSTonX XPort pleeeeease? I promise to shut up on this subject if you do wink.gif

#7 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:51 PM

There have been some patches to the WinSTon core over the last years, but only in the form of Hatari however Hatari is quite a bit slower than WinSTon as they've use the WinUAE C code implementation of the 68000 rather than WinSTon's original x86 ASM one.

I dunno if you could "pick out" the fixes that apply just to the WinSTon core.

#8 Antiriad

Antiriad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:57 PM

Fair enough. I have asked in project requests about porting hatari or at least using it to update winstonx. I had initially assumed it was the UAE c 68k core that had improved the compatibility but evidently it would appear to be patches such as the one above that have achieved this.

But as you say, whether the fixes could be picked out is something only Xport can answer. I would imagine SDL and Unix code would have crept into Hatari.

#9 fil

fil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:48 PM

the force pal50 doesnt work fully

it can be switched off yet it still running in 50hz. to get 60hz you always have to switch 'on' force pal 50, then switch off again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users