18 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of X68000X.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about X68000X
Report a bug about X68000X
Submit a feature request for X68000X

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than X68000X.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for X68000X.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 Daniel121

Daniel121

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:17 AM

Yeah, my X68000 emulator runs well, but i have a little problem...

i don't hear any music. is that normal? the XBOX doesn't support MIDI? or else?

i need help about that

thanx anyways.

#3 jonnieham777

jonnieham777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for making this emulator great job.

I noticed that after this update you included some more of the keyboard functions that weren't on previous versions. The "Help" keyboard button that is used to open sub menus on many diffrent games such as Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari however still can't be used. I have tried mapping all the unknown buttons and still cant get it to work, anyone have any hints or have found a way around this?

Thank you!

#4 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

I just found another opensource X68000 emu which might be a good (or better) alternative to Keropi.
Source available here:
http://www.ipc-tokai...680x0/xm6.shtml

I was looking for WinX68K highspeed but I don't think it's opensource.

Edited by Retroplay, 30 August 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#5 althena

althena

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Videogames (from the good old 8Bit-Times up to now), Mangas, Animes, Cinema, meeting friends, sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

I use X68000x now for a long time and I am still really happy with it biggrin.gif

But there is one thing I didn't notice in the readme until yesterday:

Some games require framerates greater than 60fps. To allow for this, the refresh rate
must be "turned off" to allow immediate refresh of the screen.

This looks very interesting for me, as there are really some games that run not in fullspeed for me and I always set frameskip to 2 in order to make them playable. But maybe if I do as said in the readme, by turning off that refresh rate, I don't need to use that frameskip option anymore and the games will look better.

However I can't find this "refresh rate" option anywhere, is this part of the XPort GUI unsure.gif Would be great, if someone who knows, how to use that option could help me out here smile.gif

Thanks again XPort for this great emulator and making it possible to play X68000 games on the Xbox biggrin.gif

#6 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:51 AM

Having trouble with controller not being recognized once certain games load. So far Parodius and Galaga 88 that I recall but there are others. Basically the game loads up fine but there's no response from the controller to start the game.

Any ideas?

#7 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Here's a few things I've learned while testing roms. Hope it helps someone.

For anyone who cares about playing these games there are a few tricks to getting them to load.

First off when you dl a pack of these games there's a high probability that there are missing floppies, ie they might just have the first floppy and missing the second, third, fourth etc. So if you get the Disc error that is probably why. I found a nice site to dl misc roms from so if you need help just pm me.

To start games that have a mouse cursor, navigate to what you want to click and tap the right analog to the LEFT this acts like a mouse double click.

A few of the best games just boot up and start demo mode as there's no way to start them. Hoping to figure out why this is. On another forum I read that the x68 had some funky buttons like (f10x or something) and that was the start button for some of these roms. If anyone knows about these start buttons please clarify/elaborate further.

If you're making a shortcut to the roms and if they're in ZIP you'll need to click on them once to load them which will show the .zip then go back out and click them again and it will show you the actual game, usually extension .dim or .xdf once you load the game up then your shortcuts will work. If you leave the emu to boot the .zip it won't work. just fyi

If you're like me and couldn't get Akumajou Dracula to play WITH background music then what you gotta do is use your left analog to select the 1'st option once the rom loads. It says 1-X68000(jap text) No idea what the other 2 options do but neither will give you any background music.

If you like SHUMPS then the X68000 is your dream machine as it's got a ton of them and for the most part they look really purdy.

Hoping to have a few more breakthroughs and get some more of these gems working. I've never seen any games as crisp and clear as on the x68, it's really remarkable.

#8 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

@sotu-talking about shooters on x68000x i got nemesis90,rtype and chachacha(whatever its called) working.
but i couldnt get cho ren sha working,when i downloaded it,the file didnt say anything about xdf.did you manage to get this shooter working sotu,its a shooter that came out in 1996.

Edited by xyteam, 01 June 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#9 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

Yes Chourensha works!

And boy oh boy is it nice. They really did a bang up job on everything for this system. It kinda reminds me of my saturn... before it broke...RIP.

It's a .dim, v1.01 from 1995.

Pm sent with the details. biggrin.gif

#10 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

ok thanks.
can you recommend any other good shooters?

#11 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

hxxp://shmups.system11.org

Do a search for x68000 and start reading! There's a lot of collections and Top# lists to help you track down most if not all of the good shumps for virtually every system.

Personally Zugya is my fav X68000 game. First diagonal shooter I've ever played, definitely one of the most fun and really challenging in the later stages.

#12 BonusJz

BonusJz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

X68000 shooters

Great site for serching shooters ( not only for X68000 )

#13 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:19 AM

Requesting x68000 Box Art Scans if anyone has a link to share, thanks! biggrin.gif

#14 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

sotu have you tried a shooter called R+R?
or has anyone played this.

#15 sotu

sotu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:15 AM

Yes I have, I was looking everywhere for it with no luck so I asked the guy who mentioned it on that forum I linked and he gave me an ftp link that had all the rare x68000 shmups that they'd found. Note on the game, it appears to only be one level but there may be something I didn't do right. Maybe you'll have better luck.

The real rarity is X68000 box art. Online Japanese auctions are the only place I've been able to find any images.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users