22 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of Z26X.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about Z26X
Report a bug about Z26X
Submit a feature request for Z26X

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than Z26X.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for Z26X.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:26 AM

ok since the atari emu's do not seem to be getting any loving. I'll go ahead and dive in with a first post. huh.gif

7800 emulation does exists in MESS, although it may be too much of a "mess" to deal with. The 7800 is pretty much backward compatible to the 2600. Kinda like the PS2 to PS1. So I decided to mention this here.

No save states.

Doesn't properly set the A/B difficulty switches that you select in setup.

Record/playback does not seem to work properly (not that I use it much). The only game I tried it on was megamania.

No ability to access the black & white/color switch. I know this seems a moot point, but some games rely on it as controls (for example to bring up a star map).

I'm sure if I poked around a bit I could find a few more odds and ends, but these are the ones I've run across.

#3 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:48 AM

OK... It took me a while to dig this one up. Alot of the links were outdated.

Anyways. Here is DC M.E.S.S. source that contains the 7800 code from M.E.S.S. coded for the dreamcast. It includes other projects the guy worked on as well. Why did I include this? Cause I was thinking maybe it'd make some of the hard parts easier, like sifting thru the M.E.S.S. code to begin with.

This emulator on the dreamcast, well runs like a dream and practically plays all the 7800 ROMS, minus a couple.

The link is Mess 072 -> Dreamcast

I also realized that I did not distinguish between what were requests and bug lists in my first post. My apologies. Anyways it should be pretty obvious which is which.

#4 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:14 PM

I second the request for Save states. The 2600 was my 1st console in the early 80's.
It has the only cooperative (2 players at same time) space invaders I could find on any console version.

#5 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:43 AM

Hehe... Just an added note..

The 7800 also has the only two player co-op/Vs version of centipede.

Cool game..

#6 hargle

hargle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:03 PM

Whoa. Not a lot of atari 2600 players here it seems...

Has anyone here tried to play breakout? The left thumbstick moves the paddle back and forth so fast it's nearly impossible to play the game. It seems like the analog sensitivity settings in the control panel have no effect on it- I tried it from a setting of 2 up to a setting of 200 and there was no change in the motion.

Anyone?

#7 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 06:57 PM

All paddle games have that "too fast" problem. One more issue to fix...

#8 hargle

hargle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:07 AM

I sense the mighty ban button being pressed on my username for asking this question, but has anyone gotten SMB working to load roms up for any of the xport emulators? I can share stuff all day using SMB in XBMC, but the exact same SMB line (and every combination I've tried) just pauses the rom selector a little bit but never shows any shared anythings.

If you've gotten it to work, any chance you can upload your .ini file here for the rest of us to ooh and aah over?

thanks!

#9 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:15 PM

I have a minor bug/annoyance which I can't seem to figure out.
Regardless of my settings in z26x.ini, i can't seem to get the program to stop creating E:\SAVES\Z26X at run-time. can anyone help me with this?

#10 agazz

agazz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:37 AM

I have Z26X running fine, and the menus all run in full screen, etc - However, once I load a game the screen switches to a widescreen type view and everything seems stretched out - is there a configuration control that will allow the game to be played in full screen, am I missing something obvious, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#11 JLsoft

JLsoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:20 PM

* This is basically just a hopeful -bump- that somehow raises the priority of updating this emu to the current GUI/settings framework, since it's a major system :P *

Also, I'm betting that with the 2600's 'blocky' look, some of those people that never saw the point in people 'whining' about the flicker filter would finally see a difference in the accurate "feel" of console games on normal 480i TVs with the flicker/smooth filters off :)

#12 TwigFigure

TwigFigure

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:37 PM

That's a huge ass bump.

#13 Chron Johnson

Chron Johnson

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

I'll second that analog sensitivity issue mentioned above, though. It's also present in AtariXLbox and plays havoc with my Missle Command...but only on the 5200, not the other systems emulated.

#14 rubarb

rubarb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

yes the flicker filter definetly needs sorting out, the screen is just too muddy looking, I'd love this ones menu to be updated aswell. then i can play robot tank with a nice clean view. smile.gif

#15 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:47 AM

Yeah here's hoping our much maligned system (and one other Atari system) will get a nice fresh update. wink.gif

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users