6 replies to this topic

#1 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:17 PM

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of Beats Of RageX.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about Beats Of RageX
Report a bug about Beats Of RageX
Submit a feature request for Beats Of RageX

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than Beats Of RageX.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for Beats Of RageX.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects. If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically. If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

#2 The Noob

The Noob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:A newfound untapped interest in the XBox

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:43 AM

Can this emulator play any of the (complete) BOR mods?

If not, will there be any updated versions in the future to enable you to play any of the BOR mods?

Would this all be futile with the new open BOR?

Thanks.

Edited by The Noob, 11 January 2005 - 07:46 AM.

#3 vicviper74

vicviper74

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:35 AM

Some others and I have started an OpenSource version of Beats Of Rage, it already has many new features that have are already being used for new games.

some of the features it currently has.

NEW ANIMATIONS - proper dying animation, char select screen animations, respawn animation.

new sfx, news subtypes (trap - for making fire, electical fields, whatever!) nograb stops enemies being grabable

ability to enable/disable enemies falling when player respawns, blinking effect for dead bodies, ability to attack other players + more

- enemies can drop items

- obstacles (box's etc.) can contain enemies!

- player jump height can be set

- grab distance can be set

There are many other things I just cant think of them atm,
plus many bug fixes not addressed by current Beats Of Rage have been fixed also.

No source to link to yet, there will be a new version in a few days.

Many of the features won't do much for the original Beats Of Rage, but due to the maximum values increased (like max amount of sprites, maximum animation size etc.) many mods gain better performance. And there is already a handful of interesting mods being made incorporating the new features, the port will be needed to allow them to be played on other systems.

Currently the source has been ported to: DOS, WIN32 and DREAMCAST.

We are making sure that all changes to the original source have been commented for future ports or additions to the code.

The windows version has been made from the win32 BOR source, the others from the DOS source.

Would Xport be interested in porting OpenBor for us on the XBOX?

obviously there will be frequent changes to the source, so we can notify you of each change or have it ammended every so often.

Thanks very much for your time and all your previous releases!

Please port this, its an incredible mprovement! My XMEN stopped due to sprite limitations. Now I can continue the project. Just make sure the newest open source you make has all possible features. I know your working on different versions like shoot for heroes. So we need the most feature packed so the xbox version doesnt have to be redone over and over again

#4 tizyx

tizyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

It would be really a great release if xport's developers could update BorX to OpenBorX! smile.gif Unfortunately all the latest bor mods are based on Openbor engine (it works very well, no sprite limitation, greater compatibility and new moves availables), so i can't play them anymore, the same as a lot of other xbox owners that would be VERY VERY VERY grateful if Xport could port OpenBor to Xbox! beerchug.gif Please think about it wink.gif

#5 tizyx

tizyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

Is there anyone interested and able to compile OpenBor for Xbox? sad.gif

#6 darthtron

darthtron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(tizyx @ Feb 21 2005, 04:42 PM)
It would be really a great release if xport's developers could update BorX to OpenBorX!  smile.gif a lot of other xbox owners that would be VERY VERY VERY grateful if Xport could port OpenBor to Xbox! beerchug.gif  Please think about it  wink.gif

View Post

Ditto all that i would really love to see an OpenBor(X) to the BOR(X) Default.xbe so that we can play/make much better mods for the xbox

and i would be in your alls ever debt if you ported openbor to the xbox!!!!! love.gif beerchug.gif

#7 RoboChicken

RoboChicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(darthtron @ Mar 5 2005, 01:30 PM)
Ditto all that i would really love to see an OpenBor(X) to the BOR(X) Default.xbe so that we can play/make much better mods for the xbox

and i would be in your alls ever debt if you ported openbor to the xbox!!!!! love.gif  beerchug.gif

View Post

One of my customers just told me about this. Aren't these modified Bor games already playable on Xbox? Check this out:

http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/

http://senile.mine.nu/beatsofrage/

It's got me very interested in making my own game.

EDIT: NM just found this link:
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=17&t=164635

Edited by RoboChicken, 13 April 2005 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users