4 replies to this topic

#1 tekn0

tekn0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:54 PM

I was just wondering if you plan on relaseing a public version of mxm any time soon because it's been alomst 1 year since a release and mxm is really awesome but it's really hard because i have been reading this mxm fourm for about 1 week stright and it seems all the info talked about and all the .xas scripts publicaly available on allxboxskins.com and all over the fourms have been "updated" and only support the wip builds wich are not public, so people like me are kinda left out and forced to scour for older versions, finding ipchanger.xas was like searching for a needle in a hay stack but ipchanger2.xas was no prob, in fact i can find the "2" versions of almost every script updated but i cant seem to find the older versions anywhere that apply to the rest of us "non testers".

all in all mxm is the shit and i would love to have access to a newer version so i to can use _kbinput and a few other of the awesome new features, again it's your guy's work so it's your world but it would be really cool to atleast mabye have 1 public wip smile.gif

thanks again

#2 upup

upup

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 August 2004 - 04:46 AM

I have to agree, i would like to have a wip beta also.

#3 Taiger

Taiger

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:42 PM

I totaly know what you mean tekn0, I have been reading the WIP posts for about 8 or 9 months now and I would tooooo like a public WIP but it willl probably not happen. sad.gif
The developer BJ don't like when a relase is out and a lot of people bigins to complayn when its not 100% working, and I can understand that, but the latest WIP relases have been stable and havent made any big problems that they have writen about the forums, so I don't see why it should be a problem to relase a WIP ...

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:07 PM

It's a bigger issue then just people complaining about incompleteness.

There is a "vision" (yeah, I know that sounds pretentious) for MXM, and there are things that NEED to be complete before I can put a release "into the wilds".

Plug-and-play and events are the primary thing, but completing those involves touching a LOT of stuff.

I will say this: I will give everyone a chance to contribute with an interim release when these goals are met. That means I will release something, even if scripts are not complete (allowing non-WIP scripters a changce to contribute to the PnP library that will be built into the "complete" release.)

#5 tekn0

tekn0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:35 AM

that sounds great smile.gif

and thanks again for such great work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users