• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mfx-krypt

mfx-krypt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:52 AM

I have Netgear WGR614 router which has 3 computers and an xbox hooked up to it. I live on campus at a university so we usually just plug our xbox's directly into the school's network and play massive multiplayer games. Well with my current set up (xbox connected to router, router connected to lan) the xbox does not see the other xbox's on the school's network, it won't look beyond the router. I have tried forwarding numerous ports and I am at a loss as to what to do next. If anyone has successfully gotten an xbox to work with a router please let me know.

Thanks, Keith

#2 RcbUK

RcbUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 August 2004 - 01:25 AM

blink.gif With a router? Should be plug and play

#3 MoeMan949222

MoeMan949222

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (mfx-krypt @ Aug 28 2004, 07:55 PM)
I have Netgear WGR614 router which has 3 computers and an xbox hooked up to it. I live on campus at a university so we usually just plug our xbox's directly into the school's network and play massive multiplayer games. Well with my current set up (xbox connected to router, router connected to lan) the xbox does not see the other xbox's on the school's network, it won't look beyond the router. I have tried forwarding numerous ports and I am at a loss as to what to do next. If anyone has successfully gotten an xbox to work with a router please let me know.

Thanks, Keith

The wire the goes to your room, is it from another router, or is it straight from the modem.

If its from another router then, plug the "live wire" into the first LAN port (not wan) and plug your xbox into port 2 and PC into port 3 ..etc etc and see what happens?

Edited by MoeMan949222, 29 August 2004 - 05:08 AM.

#4 mfx-krypt

mfx-krypt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:17 AM

Hmmm, good Idea. The only problem with that is all the computers will not be protected by the firewall anymore and the computers wouldn't have internet. As for the wire connected to the WAN port, that wire comes from the wall (university network) I want the xbox to play on the university network. I have been trying tunneling programs like xbconnect but all of them require u to find someone else with xbconnect, Isn't there a tunneling program that will simply relay the xbox's traffic outside the router?

#5 mfx-krypt

mfx-krypt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:25 AM

Thought about plugging the WAN line into a LAN port some more and realized it wouldn't work. Each port is assigned an IP address, and if I plug it into a LAN port the router will try to assign it an internal IP address out of the router's range which will just not agree with the school's server which is trying to so the exact same thing. In the end they won't communicate.

#6 lance18

lance18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:39 AM

i am having the same problem. has anyone been able to figure it out yet? please help. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users