• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 forsaken4eva

forsaken4eva

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:09 PM

is it possible to get the live content like the new planet without having xbox live ?

#2 gamemaster14

gamemaster14

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:51 AM

buy the pc version it is already in there.

#3 Splinter

Splinter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:52 AM

Maybe he doesn't want the PC version. he has the Xbox version already and shouldn't have to buy a new game just for a little extra crap.

So far i don't think anyone has gotten it to work. I wished they would. The sequel will be out ssoon enough though, which will be good enough for me.

#4 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:35 AM

The live content comes in the form of a game save, of sorts. I'm sure that someone here could figure out how to get it from their xbox to their pc and then send it to you. If I knew the exact file the save was listed under, I'd send it to you myself. With all of the game hacking going on here, I'm sure that someone will figure it out in due time. VoxAngel has posted a lot of hacked game saves. PM VoxAngel and see if he/she could do it. Good luck.

#5 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:22 AM

I don't really how much would be invloved in setting up an xbox to use DLC without using Live!. Since the content has to work without actually modifying the original game files - since they're supposedly on a DVD - it may be as simple as adding an override folder in the TDATA subfolder for KotOR and dumping the DLC into it.

Like this:

/TDATA/4c410003/Override

This folder will let you use most of the PCmods on the xbox and let you add your own mods fairly easily. For the most part, it's a straight-across deal.

As for the DLC, I honestly couldn't say without taking a look at the "pre-install" files.

#6 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:37 PM

Hey VoxAngel,

In my KotOR folder that I transferred from my xbox, I have a rims folder. In the TDATA driectory, the rims folder has four .rim files. Do you think these are the downloaded content? The first two files are named liv_m99aa_a.RIM and liv_m99aa_adx.RIM. The last two files are live1.RIM and live1dx.RIM. Let me know if you think these are worth taking a look at. I also took a look in the modules folder and these files are in: liv_m99aa.rim and liv_m99aa_s.rim. I opened them with my hex editor and all references are to yavin and suvan.

Edited by Ten-96, 29 September 2004 - 01:41 PM.

#7 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:25 PM

Those are the same file names of the Yavin areas in the PC version, so it's a safe bet that's what you're looking at.

That also explains how they get the DLC to work. They add a rims folder to the TDATA directory. Those files are basically modules and they don't work in an override folder.
I've noticed a couple of people having trouble getting area mods to work on the xbox ...now I know why (or, I'm pretty sure). They're putting the mod file in the modules folder in the main directory, rather than the TDATA folder. That should solve the problem.

#8 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:51 PM

Great! Do you think I could upload it with XBSM and have it work for those that don't have xbox live? I'm really curious. I'd also like to be able to share. I've got xbox live and since I have the dl content; I figure it's my sworn duty to share it with those who don't have xbox live. After all, why should you have to pay for xbox live if you don't plan on playing online? You shouldn't be penalized against getting content that is for the game you bought (lol), just because you don't want to spend an extra $60 for xbox live. Let me know if there is a way that I can zip up the necessary files to upload for those without the dl content. I could do it or I could send you all of the files I have. Let me know.

#9 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:53 PM

Sorry about the double post. Slow work pc.

Edited by Ten-96, 29 September 2004 - 09:54 PM.

#10 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:32 AM

I really couldn't say without trying it myself.

What I can say, is that XBSM only pulls 2 files out of the TDATA folder and that's it. It didn't add my Override folder to the save, so I doubt it would add the rims folder.

#11 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:05 AM

Actually, I used SmartFTP to get the entire KotOR folder transferred from my xbox to my pc. So, I have all folders and files. The only problem is that KotOR is not installed on my xbox harddrive; only the saves. Does that make a difference?

#12 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:50 AM

It shouldn't make any difference. The override folder is a priority 1 folder and I'm fairly sure the rims folder will be the same. So, the game will look for those folders before it looks to the disc.

#13 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:25 PM

So I guess it's a not go. You can't blame me for getting my hopes up. Thanks for the answers.

#14 hksc

hksc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:53 PM

I have a question for those with the live content. My TDATA/4c410003 directory only has two files (opt.res and opt.sig).

1)So is the only difference between those with the live content is a rims folder with the four files mentioned earlier?

2) Has anybody tried making a rims folder and adding those files to see if they get the live content?

#15 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:52 PM

I have a rims folder and an override folder. When I use PC mods the file with the .mod extension goes in the rims folder, the rest go in the override.

From the sound of it, there are just a couple of rim files involved in the DLC - which makes sense since a mod file IS a rim. When I get the chance, I'm going to dump the PC rims for Yavin in my rims folder and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users