• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 investinwaffles

investinwaffles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, Computer modding, paintballing, and last, racing my mustang (well my dads at least)!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:22 AM

hello all. I wanted to do the mod where the leds are above the controller ports but dont want them to be immensly bright. anyway i can go about doing that with out buying more leds (already have 100 blue ones)? i thought i could just get a different resistor with a higher ohmage (the regular one would be 36 ohms). I wanted them to be bright enough to see them during the daytime but not blinding when im playing a video game. Any help would be greatly appreciated beerchug.gif

EDIT: also, i have some spare led holders. should i use them or just hot glue the leds into the case. the holders might give it a more refined look.

Edited by investinwaffles, 30 August 2004 - 04:25 AM.

#2 bvic01

bvic01

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:23 AM

put a stronger resistor on em...

#3 investinwaffles

investinwaffles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, Computer modding, paintballing, and last, racing my mustang (well my dads at least)!

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:26 AM

i know, but how high should i go? i have some 470 ohm ones sitting around. will those work or make them too dim to see.

#4 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:33 AM

I don't think the brightness is directly proportional to the voltage, so it's hard to tell you like "they'll be exactly 1/2 as bright" or whatever, so I would just try one with a 470 ohm and see if I were you.

#5 investinwaffles

investinwaffles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:34 AM

ill try that tomorrow. im tired now *yawn* sleeping.gif

#6 Sylvester182

Sylvester182

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:59 AM

You could also install a potentiometer ( I think I spelled that right) and be able to select the brightness as you wish.

#7 The Timmy

The Timmy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:59 AM

get one of these, it's a photo resistor, the more light there is, the less resistance it has, put it in series with your existing resistor, that way no matter the amount of light there is in the room.

you may have to some fine tuning to get it just right though.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users