#1 GotKilled

GotKilled

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:01 AM

I thought it would be better fit to post here instead of here Old thread

Sorry for being such a newb, I looked through the tuts and read topics that dealt with 1.6 xboxes. It's only my 2nd day that I had this xbox and I really want to mod it and load it up with XBMC and Avalaunch or EvolutionX (but from what I read in this forum...Avalaunch is better) Anyways, My Kernel is 5838 and all I want to do is be able to back up my games, play emulators, use XBMC, install a bigger hard drive(120gb+) and that's about it. I don't need XBOX Live..I will probably use the free XB Connect.

Here are my two options I'm guessing according to this site.

1)UDE2 softmod which I really need help on...if anyone wants to help me...IM me on AIM: xbenedictchanx No one in my area even has a modded xbox ( so I can't really do what the tut instructs me to do)...in fact my whole city is dominated by ps2's owned by teens and gamecubes owned by young children.

2) I was really planning on a Xenium ICE and hoping that I would get a 1.5 and below. Since it's about 60 bucks shipped and the fact that I have a 1.6 I'm chosing this as my last option. I'm a noob and I'm an even bigger newb at soldering so I don't think I can do the LPC rebuild. I also have a soldering iron that is of very bad quality(bought @ 99cent store).

I know having a modchip is safer and better than a softmod..but with my technical skills..I don't think I can accomplish it.

Anyone want to walk me through with UDE2. I know how to access xbins already.. So if anyone can kindly help a newb Thanks

So far I got my jewel installed and it's lighted with 8 green leds

#2 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (GotKilled @ Aug 30 2004, 12:04 AM)
I thought it would be better fit to post here instead of here Old thread

Sorry for being such a newb, I looked through the tuts and read topics that dealt with 1.6 xboxes. It's only my 2nd day that I had this xbox and I really want to mod it and load it up with XBMC and Avalaunch or EvolutionX (but from what I read in this forum...Avalaunch is better) Anyways, My Kernel is 5838 and all I want to do is be able to back up my games, play emulators, use XBMC, install a bigger hard drive(120gb+) and that's about it. I don't need XBOX Live..I will probably use the free XB Connect.

Here are my two options I'm guessing according to this site.

1)UDE2 softmod which I really need help on...if anyone wants to help me...IM me on AIM: xbenedictchanx No one in my area even has a modded xbox ( so I can't really do what the tut instructs me to do)...in fact my whole city is dominated by ps2's owned by teens and gamecubes owned by young children.

2) I was really planning on a Xenium ICE and hoping that I would get a 1.5 and below. Since it's about 60 bucks shipped and the fact that I have a 1.6 I'm chosing this as my last option. I'm a noob and I'm an even bigger newb at soldering so I don't think I can do the LPC rebuild. I also have a soldering iron that is of very bad quality(bought @ 99cent store).

I know having a modchip is safer and better than a softmod..but with my technical skills..I don't think I can accomplish it.

Anyone want to walk me through with UDE2. I know how to access xbins already.. So if anyone can kindly help a newb Thanks

So far I got my jewel installed and it's lighted with 8 green leds

there is way to many tutorials on how to setup a v1.6 box with ude2.
I'm not trying to be rude, but do a search, then read, and then after that read some more.

#3 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:07 PM

There are, indeed, plenty of tutorials. I suggest reading up on how to use xboxhdm to apply UDE2, it's a great tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users