Photo

Is There A Place Where I Can Download Dash 5960?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cathesdus

Cathesdus

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:00 PM

First off, I know the rules. I've been around here long enough to understand them and at times I even enforce them. However, What I'm asking is not against the rules so could somebody tell me if a place does exist where I can download the original Xbox dash 5960?

Now if you want a story on why I ask, then here goes:
On friday, I bought a new Xbox version 1.6 because my old 1.0 broke do to having the HD unlocked and relocked by someone else who locked it with the wrong pass and cant remember what they locked it with (and without my permission mind you) so for the past 4 months I've been without an Xbox until now. Well on Saturday, I was reading about ways to softmod the new 1.6's and came across the fabled UDE2 exploit. So like any good modder would do, I made a backup of my HD using something A good Modder usually wouldn't - The infamously buggy HDD Driver. Anyways, I didn't get an error while using HDD driver so I figured all went well so I then proceeded to do the Mod. First off, I'm not the kind of person that follows directions word by word so when it said in the tutorial to make a directory called f0nts, I figured it was for backup purposes and didn't do it. I found out however that you do need that folder after I came to the error screen (It was 13 for dash failure or 21 for general software error, can't remember). So I figure no big deal, Ill just restore my backup. Hmmm, still have error 13. I then proceed to use ldots xboxhdm to format my C and then try resoring that backup. Hmmm same error. So needless to say, I don't have a valid backup of my xbox HD and I know It's nothing like HD corruption or anything like that, just a bad backup. So what I need to know is if there is a place where I can download all the files that come stock with the 1.6 xbox's, or just a zip of all the files inside the C folder from an updated dashboard (5960). Thank you for any help you can give me.

-Cathesdus

#2 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:05 PM

I believe it is fond in the auto-install disc's but you cannot request a link or ask where you can download it here.

#3 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:09 PM

almost all autoinstallers ( firefuckers x-disk) has it.

#4 Cathesdus

Cathesdus

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:39 PM

Thanks you guys but can someone tell me what dashboard version is on it?

#5 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:56 PM

can't you force upgrade through MS ?

#6 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:08 PM

@chimpanzee: If 5659's on a 1.6 then that's a possibility eh.

#7 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

I think cathesdus tried force upgrade in any way but couldn't get it to work for some reason.

#8 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:21 PM

If you can't get it directly from live - launch the dashupdate.xbe file found on a brand new game. I'd imagine it would contain the latest dashboard and won't communicate with live. Make sure your fonts are original as well, the dashupdate probably calls them.

#9 Cathesdus

Cathesdus

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:50 AM

I appreciate it but what Im going to do is make a restore disk using files from firefuckers auto installer. The dashboard files he has on disk are 5659 and Ill make what I call an "Xboxhdm Restore Disk" out of them.

#10 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 August 2004 - 05:41 AM

Yeah but you could use the files you got from the force upgrade as well for your restore disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users