3 replies to this topic

#1 Festering

Festering

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:57 PM

I recently just picked up a used Xbox, I was considering doing so for the last few months. I don't know anything about it, other then the games. So, I obviously have a few simple questions.

1)I'm considering getting my Xbox modified, what is currently considered the 'Best' chip on the market. It necessarily doesn't have to be the most expensive one, but one that will give you your money's worth! I will primarily be using it for gaming only, I'm not sure if they have other features and attributes, but I'm all about the games.

2)I heard of emulators, I know of a guy that lives near me, he told me he can install a 'Chameleon' chip and a NES emulator with over 2000 older games!?

3)What is the standard size of the harddrive that comes with an Xbox?

4)I just recently sent my PS2 away to get a Matrix Infinity chip installed in it. I know I can use a tool called DVD Decrypter to make back-up copies of my PS2 games using the original disks. Is there any similar methods for the Xbox?

5)How do I install games on my Xbox harddrive? Do I need a larger HDD installed, or do I need a mod chip for this? I would rather install the few games that I currently own on my harddrive instead of changing disks all the time.

6)Could someone give me a few sites or people that conducts business here in Canada, I had to send my PS2 to San Jose, so I'm looking for someone a bit closer this time around.

7)Anything else a beginner should know about the Xbox? I think it's fairly obviously that I know nothing about the system. Like I mentioned earlier, I just picked one up, and the only features I know anything about, would be the games.

Thanks

#2 amps

amps

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:09 PM

You got Served

#3 Nightfire-Player

Nightfire-Player

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:15 PM

1) this all depends on what you want to do with it and if you can solder or not. I think there is a chart somewhere on here that compares all the kinds and features. The list can be found HERE

2) Isn't in a form of a question so dunno what to reply. However yes there are many emulators for the xbox that can be used. However legally you cannot have a rom unless you own the original game.

3) It is a 10GB drive, however only 8GB is shown and used in a standard unmodded box.

4)

5) DVD2Xbox. Does exactly what it says on the tin (lol). Would need a larger HDD to do this with as you could probably only get 1 or maybe 2 games on the standard hdd.

6) HERE

7) If you wish to use xbox Live then you get a chip that you can disable, otherwise if you go online with a hacked bios you will be banned.

You will also need a bios for your chip. A chart to compare all the ones around can be found HERE

And to find most of the apps and bios's etc, that you will need you should check out this tut HERE .

#4 mynuffinfutsitch

mynuffinfutsitch

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 09:19 PM

The hottest chip on the market is the Xenium Ice,or you can wait for the X3, or you can go with UDE!(both chips are pressumbaly soderless)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users