• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lordhafmerci

lordhafmerci

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:48 AM

first things first: i am a n00b blink.gif . be that as it may, i would sincerely enjoy having linux on my xbox for many functions such as web browsing, email, IRc, etc.

DONT WORRY, i do not need a full tutorial, i have already used the Linux Boot loader exploit for MechAss. (tee hee) now when i turn on my xbox i boot into the regular MS Dashboard, but with a menu item labled "Linux" (where the "Xbox live" lable used to go).

So when i click on the "Linux" tab of the MS dashboard, my screen flickers and it shows a picture of Tux in the top left corner and a bunch of code scrolling down the sceen (searching for devices, mounting, unmounting, etc.). After all of that is said and done, the code stops scrolling and im left with a screen full of code and a flashing, white command prompt, taunting me to do something...lil bastard. muhaha.gif

anyways, so now all i need help with is how to load a linux boot CD or how to FTP linux onto my box (if that is even possible)dry.gif

I have a Thomson DVD drive so it is extremely[B] picky on what kind of media it will accept, i also use a Linksys 5-port workgroup switch to share internet between my PC and XBOX.

ANY[B] help would be GREATLY[B] appreciated!! Thank you for your time and concern in advance!! laugh.gif

#2 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 03:55 AM

technically speaking, your machine already has a linux installed and running properly, you can even telnet into it and start using it. This is basically the same as what I got when I first boot my IBM PC with 5.25" floppy.

Congrat.

To have a more full featured distribution, either go over to the *nix forum or xbox-linux.org

#3 JimmyGoon

JimmyGoon

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (chimpanzee @ Sep 1 2004, 04:58 AM)
technically speaking, your machine already has a linux installed and running properly, you can even telnet into it and start using it. This is basically the same as what I got when I first boot my IBM PC with 5.25" floppy.

Congrat.

To have a more full featured distribution, either go over to the *nix forum or xbox-linux.org

Linux is running at that point!
Ya ever used DOS!
WELCOME TO A NON-GUI LINUX!!!!!!!!

LOL

#4 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:44 PM

i suggest getting Ltools MA ude installer install ude then pop in a gentoox on a media it can read.just read the inructions and it will install

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users