7 replies to this topic

#1 cwinning

cwinning

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:44 PM

Would someone please point me to a thread or guide that explains how to have 2 or more dashboards on my Xbox? I have the Evox now, but I want to see them all before I settle. I'm guessing my final choice would be between Evox and Ava.

My searches have not been fruitful. blink.gif

Also, is there a list of MUST have app list out there? I have yet to see one.

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

there is an application list, go to xbins.org, it has a list of almost every application out there.

yes, you can have dual dashboards and there are 2 ways to do this. if you just want the dashboards to try out, then download the dasboard that you want (ie Avalaunch) and ftp it onto your xbox in the same drive that evox is in, then rename the defalut.xbe (or whatever the .xbe file is) that came with avalaunch to whatever your evox dashboard is named (so if evox is named evoxdash.xbe on your xbox, rename avadash.xbe, or whatever is it, to evoxdash.xbe) if you decide not to keep that dashboard, simply re-ftp the evox dash back over and rename it evoxdash.xbe

if you want multiple dashboards at the same time you can either put them in your apps folder and access them as applications, or you can set it up so that one bios boots to one dashboard, and another bios boots to a different one. but there are tutorials on doing this so i am not going to explain it.

#3 cwinning

cwinning

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:02 PM

there is an application list, go to xbins.org, it has a list of almost every application out there.

Thanks, was just wondering if I was missing any cool apps.

if you want multiple dashboards at the same time you can either put them in your apps folder and access them as applications, or you can set it up so that one bios boots to one dashboard, and another bios boots to a different one. but there are tutorials on doing this so i am not going to explain it.

I'ver search for these tuts, but could not find them. I will try again.

Feel free to post a link if you have one.

#4 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:11 PM

well, as for tuts... i cant see how theyd have one.. like the man said, just go to xbins.org and it has a list of apps and shit, and explanations of what they do...

just go through the list, and figure out which ones you want, go to "the usual places" in my link if you dont know, and test them out.. i suggest trying unleashX, as its a nice and fairly easy dash, that you can configure to your hearts content.

otherwise, as for apps... just make a folder, if you have a stock drive, make "E"/apps" and put them in that folder, or if you have a seagate, you can get an extra 2 gigs, and put them on "F:/apps" you can even put a dash under apps and use it like that if you want....

thats a start i guess, to get you going.

#5 cwinning

cwinning

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (ILLusions0fGrander @ Sep 1 2004, 10:14 PM)
well, as for tuts... i cant see how theyd have one.. like the man said, just go to xbins.org and it has a list of apps and shit, and explanations of what they do...

just go through the list, and figure out which ones you want, go to "the usual places" in my link if you dont know, and test them out.. i suggest trying unleashX, as its a nice and fairly easy dash, that you can configure to your hearts content.

otherwise, as for apps... just make a folder, if you have a stock drive, make "E"/apps" and put them in that folder, or if you have a seagate, you can get an extra 2 gigs, and put them on "F:/apps" you can even put a dash under apps and use it like that if you want....

thats a start i guess, to get you going.

Actually, I only need a tut for the dual BIOS / dual Dash. The app thing was asked out of curiousity. I think I have all the apps I will ever need.

My current setup:

Xbox 1.6
Xenium ICE
M8 1.6 BIOS
Evox V+3935
200gb HDD

I have about 28gb left on the HD, I think I have enough to hold me over for a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to post though. rolleyes.gif

Edited by cwinning, 01 September 2004 - 09:17 PM.

#6 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:24 PM

xselect .09 i think... do a search on that.. its a boot loader that you push a specific button to load a specific dash...im doing the search now.. takin a whilet o load up tho.......................please stand by..........click here i dont want to wait....

xselect...

try that!

#7 cwinning

cwinning

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:50 AM

Very nice, I'm going to try this out. Thank for the linkage.

#8 angrypants

angrypants

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:08 AM

If you want to try out a diffrent dashboard just upload it to a folder like you would one of your emulators or other apps. This will let you launch it from the list of apps in evox and play around with it to see which one you like best. I have somthing set up with avalaunch which is my favorite dashboard at the moment which does pretty much what you are looking for. I am using the ude exploit which launches avalaunch when the xbox boots. It has a cool option called quick launch which will load a diffrent dashboard if you hold a button while avalaunch is loading. for example if I hold Y when I turn on the xbox linux will boot, X launches the msdash, A launches media center, B launches evox and if I hit nothing avalaunch boots. Its a pretty handy feature which I am glad I have and it's great if you like avalaunch as a dashboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users