9 replies to this topic

#1 sakhr2

sakhr2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:51 AM

i've xboxhdm v1.9 & ude v1.4 packages. from where should i make a back up for my xbox hd from xboxhdm or during the installation of ude2? bc i damaged my pc hd bc in xboxhdm i lunched the option of clonning the xbox hd to my pc hd. i though that it is the command to creat an image of the box hd but i damaged my pc hd & only after hours of reparing through formation & creating fat32 system file again. so should i make a back up for my xbox hd from xboxhdm or during the installation of ude2?

#2 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:53 AM

first you need to obtain your eeprom.bin from your xbox.
I would backup the xbox via ftp, while your getting your eeprom.bin

#3 sakhr2

sakhr2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 01:02 PM

but how can i get my eeprom.bin since my xbox is virgin. (v1.6)

#4 SC2

SC2

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:28 PM

I think youd have to do the UDE then back up the stuff, but im not sure.

#5 sakhr2

sakhr2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:45 PM

I think youd have to do the UDE then back up the stuff, but im not sure.

But if i do the UDE2 first, the original data will be lost & you'll back up only the hack. You see the why i'm confused.

#6 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (sakhr2 @ Sep 2 2004, 04:48 PM)

But if i do the UDE2 first, the original data will be lost & you'll back up only the hack. You see the why i'm confused.

I dont know, I've never actually backup the files on the drive, just my evox backup.
So when you said backup, thats what I think of. smile.gif

#7 jtrip

jtrip

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:30 PM

If it is your first install, a compressed image of your C-drive will be made, the eeprom will be backed up and the HDD password is generated. I recommend that you retrieve this E:\backup_linux folder to your PC via ftp - or by copying the special game save that the installer creates to a memcard via the MS Dash..

I got this from the memcard ude1/ude2 installer uninstaller thread in the how to use under the ude install. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=227528
Maybe try that or maybe it does the same.

Edited by jtrip, 02 September 2004 - 11:33 PM.

#8 sakhr2

sakhr2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:46 PM

This tut. will not help me since i don't have any exploitable game nor a mem.card. i'm planned to do it via hotswapping with xboxhdm v1.9 & ude v14 packages. I may be somehow noisy but pleaaaaaaaase i asked this question many times but no one answered me. I've a US box v1.6 with 5659 & 5838. should i only extract UDE folder into linux folder in xboxhdm folder. What confused me is should i add something else to the package like update.xbe or default.xbe or everything is included in the packages & will be automatically installed. i add also that i will never use xboxlive since servers are not in morocco. i already created a cdr-w in which i extract UDE folder into linux folder in xboxhdm folder & lunch .bat to creat the iso. i didn't add anything. i need only a confirmation to start installing. & thank you for your comprehension.

#9 r1sky

r1sky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2004 - 07:34 AM

sakhr2,

yes. Just copy the UDE folder from the UDE 1.4 package into the linux dir for xboxhdm. create the iso. that is all u need to do. since u have the same K/D, it will ask u prompts and will create the default.xbe needed for your dash. just hotswap your hdd, install the UDE -ude2 package. install ude2 in conjunction with evox, pbl-metoo and evox m8 for xbox 1.6. xboxhdm will ask u to create a backup of the c:\ drive contents before u modify everything. just answer all the prompts it asks you. I've done this successfully on a virgin 1.6 xbox with Dash: 5659.01 and K: 5838.03. It came with a samsung version A and seagate hdd. it boots evox as the dash. i made sure to run the backup feature on evox to get the eeprom and hdd passwords.

Edited by r1sky, 03 September 2004 - 07:37 AM.

#10 sakhr2

sakhr2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 10:19 PM

Thanks r1sky for you're help. I can't express my thanks to you. Finally, after more than a month of waiting, it worked. I need just now to configure the FTP with it & burn the back up in case of. & Thanks again.
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users