• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 epsilon20

epsilon20

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:23 AM

Guys i just did a fresh intall of EVOx using the new 2.6 installer i want to put all my space available in the F drive but at the moment my hard drive space is shared mainly between the F drive and the G drive. Can i move all the space in the G drive to the F or do i need to reinstall from scratch.

Also is there any advantage in installing my Evox +M$ dash in the F drive as opposed to the C drive?

Thanks in advance

#2 vjreddy12

vjreddy12

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:50 AM

As far as i know....you will have to reformat your HD.

What size is the HD ? (It cant be the original 10GB drive as you have in your sig)

The bios also can be edit to support "F only" or "F and G".

biggrin.gif

#3 catgut

catgut

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (epsilon20 @ Sep 2 2004, 06:26 AM)
Guys i just did a fresh intall of EVOx using the new 2.6 installer i want to put all my space available in the F drive but at the moment my hard drive space is shared mainly between the F drive and the G drive. Can i move all the space in the G drive to the F or do i need to reinstall from scratch.

Also is there any advantage in installing my Evox +M$ dash in the F drive as opposed to the C drive?

Thanks in advance

I recommend you stay with both F: and G: sharing the space.

When I first installed a new 300gig drive in my xbox, I had it formatted to put all the space on F:, using the 4983.06 bios.

Everything seemed to work fine, and I started piling on games/apps into the f: drive.

Once I filled up to ~260 gigs, the F: drive suddenly went blank. nothing. nada.

All the rest of the drives (c:, e:, x:, y:, z:) were fine, but the f: had nothing.

I changed the BIOS to 4983.67, re-formatted the drive with f: and g: sharing space, and the was able to fill it up to only having 500 meg free on g: and 4 gig free on f:.

I could be wrong, but I think that if you try to put all the drive space just on F:, you'll get this "data corruption" if you put more than 260 gig on just F:

#4 epsilon20

epsilon20

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

Ops forgot to update my signature i only upgraded yesterday i now have a 250GB hard drive installed. Thanks for reminding me vjreddy12

Catgut you got me all worried about the loss of data thing i suppose i could keep the F and G drive sharing the space but i doesnt seem like a 250GB drive anymore laugh.gif i would have like to see over 200GB in the F drive

Has this problem occured to allot of people lossing data or does it depend on the size of the hard drive.

Finally since i only installed my first dashboard yesterday on my new hard drive it reports that there is C-328MB , E-5.1GB , F- 123GB , G-114 or something along those lines- is the E drive suppose to have that much space on it cause it seems kinda a waste for it to be there cant i partition it to only have like 328MB

Thanks again guys beerchug.gif

#5 catgut

catgut

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (epsilon20 @ Sep 2 2004, 06:01 PM)
Ops forgot to update my signature i only upgraded yesterday i now have a 250GB hard drive installed. Thanks for reminding me vjreddy12

Catgut you got me all worried about the loss of data thing i suppose i could keep the F and G drive sharing the space but i doesnt seem like a 250GB drive anymore laugh.gif i would have like to see over 200GB in the F drive

Has this problem occured to allot of people lossing data or does it depend on the size of the hard drive.

Finally since i only installed my first dashboard yesterday on my new hard drive it reports that there is C-328MB , E-5.1GB , F- 123GB , G-114 or something along those lines- is the E drive suppose to have that much space on it cause it seems kinda a waste for it to be there cant i partition it to only have like 328MB

Thanks again guys beerchug.gif

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

My problem was that I tried to have all 260+ gig on the F: partition.

Now that I have the space shared between the F: and G: partitions I've been running with no problems.

Yes, E: needs that much space. E: is used as a cache drive, meaning some games (like Halo) will store game information on e: to load it faster than from DVD. Also, e: is where your saved game and game config info goes. You don't want to run out of space on E: and not be able to save games.

#6 watcher64

watcher64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:14 PM

If you use XBpartitioner to format your F drive and use 32k clusters you can get beyond the 256gig corruption limit ...

I have 2 boxes with 300gb drives , and I have them using all of it on F by using 32k clusters and have yet to corrupt any data ...

Just my 2 cents ....

#7 catgut

catgut

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:36 AM

Thanks for sharing that info watcher. What tool did you use to format/partition your drives? I was using slayer's 2.5 to do my drive and I don't believe it has any cluster size option.

#8 vjreddy12

vjreddy12

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (watcher64 @ Sep 3 2004, 06:17 AM)
If you use XBpartitioner to format your F drive and use 32k clusters you can get beyond the 256gig corruption limit ...

I have 2 boxes with 300gb drives , and I have them using all of it on F by using 32k clusters and have yet to corrupt any data ...

Just my 2 cents ....

XBpartitioner

#9 catgut

catgut

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:30 PM

Ahh, yes, the dangers of skim-reading. Thanks for pointing what should have been obvious to me. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users