Photo

How To Stop Xbmc Movies From Stuttering (buffer?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hookem34

Hookem34

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

In my new house I can't run a straight ethernet line to my movie playing xbox. I am using powerline connecting that run at about 14Kb/ps. After a few minutes (or when the action really picks up) the movie will begin to stutter unless I press pause for a few minutes for the movie to "catch up". Does anyone have any solutions for this? I am running the 8-18-04 version of XBMC. This would really help me out... thanks in advance.

#2 Varsis

Varsis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:02 PM

sounds to me like you need a bit more bandwidth to that box, you could turn the cache up to 16megs and pause the bigginning till the cache fills completely before you play your movie. Thats my best guess, sorry

#3 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:03 PM

14Kb/s you sure?

thats probably the problem then unfortunately- most video will be in the 100's of Kb/s

#4 Hookem34

Hookem34

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

How do you turn the cache up? The movies play well for a while... I need more movie buffer.

#5 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

settings->general->cache (something like that)

however this may not help

when XBMC starts you may notice a lag as the buffer is filled then the movie starts, if max bandwidth is < total average bitrate of the movie- eventually the buffer will empty and movie will pause while refilling the buffer.... sort of

#6 Hookem34

Hookem34

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:51 PM

hmm... guess I will have to start my movies and leave them on pause for a while unless there are any other suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users