• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kleath

Kleath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

I want to know which is the best solderless chip available, I want to use Xbox live if that matters. Also a couple other questions I have...

What do I need to do to be able to play Xbox Live by turning off the chip. It's very confusing, some say that you need to run the hacked dash on a CD, some say you rename the dash files and such, I am confused. Can I put the hacked stuff on say a seperate partition that's only read if the chip is on? That seems like it'd be the easiest.

Tutorials seem to say that you should Mod the Xbox first, and then add a new HDD. Why can't I add a new Hard Drive before I install everything?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it.

#2 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

i recommend getting an xecuter3, most easy to switch off - switch on back
otherwise get a XeniumICE they let to TSOP flash (and load the original bios) to go onto xbox live,

Hope that helps cool.gif

Game on

#3 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

There is no best solderless chip, most of the popular chips can come with a solderless kit. You don't need to run anything except for the original msdash for xblive games with the chip disabled, it will automatically get you there when you boot with the chip disabled. You must be able to boot the larger hdd in its unlocked state, therefore you need a hacked bios. You can put all the hacks on partition f.

#4 Kleath

Kleath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:57 PM

There is no best solderless chip, most of the popular chips can come with a solderless kit.

Yeah, but are all the solderless solutions as reliable as the others? Like I thought one of The X.B.I.T.'s strong points was that their solderless solution was more secure than others, ie stays in better. Are you saying all solderless adapters are created equal?

#5 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:13 PM

there is no real "better" no solder job. they all do the same thing, all solderless adapters are plugs that go into the lpc points. so they all do the same thing. although the new xapter is supposed to be a better design on the d0 point and is supposed to stay aligned better.

#6 Kleath

Kleath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:27 PM

Ah OK, I see.

I'm thinking of either the XBIT, Xecuter 3, or the Xenium ICE. I'm wondering though how the Xenium switches on and off the chip? The others have external switches, but the ICE doesn't. Does the ICE have a way to switch on/off the chip w/o soldering?

Thanks for the help guys, it's really appreciated.

#7 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:28 PM

im not positive, but i think the ice is controlled via the power/eject buttons (ie, you push the power button, it boots to your hacked bios, you press the eject, it boots to your regular bios, ect)

#8 Kleath

Kleath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 06:34 PM

That actually sounds much better than an external adaptor laugh.gif

Again, the help(quite zippy service if I might add) is mucho appreciado, now I'm off to see if hooking that up requires soldering(OMG, the newbie can read???) Thanks peeps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users