• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slartibartfarst

Slartibartfarst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:48 PM

If I manage to completly screw up my xbox harddrive (through too much playing around with homebrew software!), how do I go about re-installing everything from scratch, just as if I put a new, blank HDD in the machine. Do I only need the M$ dashboard.xbe in the root of C ?

#2 mynuffinfutsitch

mynuffinfutsitch

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

xboxhdm look it up

#3 Ave

Ave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (mynuffinfutsitch @ Sep 2 2004, 11:57 PM)
xboxhdm look it up

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the newbie forum, making that an unfair response.

When I messed up the drive, I just used the exploit, ftp'd into the xbox, deleted all the files on c and e, and copied back the backupped files.

#4 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2004 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Ave @ Sep 2 2004, 07:50 PM)
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the newbie forum, making that an unfair response.

When I messed up the drive, I just used the exploit, ftp'd into the xbox, deleted all the files on c and e, and copied back the backupped files.

thats not really an unfair post, your supposed to do searches and read before asking a question, which you obviously didnt do, questions like yours have been asked before

xboxhdm is a hard drive manager for the xbox, you can download it from the usual places (sorry, but its against the rules to ask where to download stuff) that will completely format and reinstall all the software you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users