onlinebacon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 September 2004 - 08:39 PM

I was wondering what to get. A New Hard Drive, or a DVD re writer to back up my games. I have very little xbox knowledge of how it works and stuff, i just want something easy, and reliable, any help please muhaha.gif

#2 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:34 PM

dvd-you have to find a good media that works with your dirve,ftp the game from the xbox harddrive to your pc,convert it to an iso then burn,if the game is over 4.7GB your not gonna be able to put it on dvd

hd-once you have a big harddrive installed its praticly one click copying,games load faster and you never have to get up to switch games

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz, 03 September 2004 - 11:35 PM.

#3 thehittmann

thehittmann

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:35 AM

hdd copying is easier but dvd is more practical as you can use it for more than just backing up your xbox games.

Its also cheaper to back up to dvd than it is to hdd you can fit roughly 50 games on a 120gb hdd which costs around $160(au) you could get a good burner and 100 dvd blanks off ebay for the same price.

Once a hdd is full it is full but you can always make a dvd copy

Edited by thehittmann, 04 September 2004 - 03:37 AM.

#4 onlinebacon

onlinebacon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

do u definitely have to ftp it then i just thought u could put the game in the PC save it to your hard drive and then change the ISO, then write, am i right or wrong?

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:20 AM

If you are backing up an original disc then yes you do have to FTP it. Anyways the DVD Burner vs. HD argument has been done a number of times. Ultimately you should get both. The HD route is the easiest but as mentioned above, it is not the most cost efficient when it comes to giving you the most storage space for your $.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users