Photo

Aliens Vs. Predator: Gold Edition (1999)

• Please log in to reply
667 replies to this topic

#451 bLiGhTy

bLiGhTy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Video Games Consoles, Motorbikes , Beer and smoke.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:43 AM

wow, that game looks the nuts, I used to play it on the atari jag years ago, i know it never looked that good biggrin.gif

must buy AVP love.gif

#452 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:56 AM

have a bug report sirlemonhead. In the marine campaign on level Episode: V. Tyrargo right at the end when I complete the level the game freezes at my the states screen for that level. Hope it can be resolved cause it happens everytime I complete the level.

#453 rocky5

rocky5

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

OK found a new Profile editor you can change everything controls user name and online name also what levels you have completed and what cheats are enabled.

ProfileED there are also other tools there.

also just realised you can import bigger textures over the smaller ones and the work fine only tried 256x256

Edited by rocky5, 15 February 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#454 DevGuy2k6

DevGuy2k6

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(red_ring_of_box @ Feb 15 2009, 03:32 AM) View Post

have a bug report sirlemonhead. In the marine campaign on level Episode: V. Tyrargo right at the end when I complete the level the game freezes at my the states screen for that level. Hope it can be resolved cause it happens everytime I complete the level.

he is aware of this bug its being addressed as soon as u go down that elevator and click onthe exit door of the level it wont load the FINAL level ( BOSS FIGHT WITH THE QUEEN) the ONLY way to get it to work is to ftp all your profiles from your xbox and play that stage on the pc build then once in the stage after it freezes on xbox save it then re ftp it and enjoy the final boss on your xbox ^^

meaning play Episode: V on your pc build then save the game when on the start of the last stage and then re ftp it over and enjoy it on your xbox ^^

Edited by DevGuy2k6, 15 February 2009 - 06:34 PM.

#455 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

aw damn you ruined the supprise of fighting the queen for me ph34r.gif lol oh well thats what I was planning on doing I just havent had the time to setup my router upstairs and connect everything. I'm goin snowmobiling today laugh.gif. But ya at least I know what to do now ty DevGuy

#456 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

Here is my ordeal, I've copied the files from AVP Gold as per the instructions, booted up, created a profile, then it goes to load the game and the green progress bar at the bottom of the screen hangs.

#457 shareware

shareware

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Map Packs 1-4
http://www.gamespot....lated-content;3

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Bonus Map Pack 5
http://www.gamespot....lated-content;1

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Bonus Map Pack 6

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Bonus Map Pack 7

#458 Ddude723

Ddude723

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:24 AM

Could someone make a cover art shot like the one that xbmc uses when you have it in icon mode? I have no clue how to do this because when i use dvd2xbox it makes the icons automatically (i'm guessing it takes the image somewhere from the retail discs?).

#459 GeneralIdea

GeneralIdea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

Hey guys, is there anyone playing this with the component cables hooked up? cos all my in game text, including the menus, is totally gibberish, and I know the cable has been cause for some of the rendering issues I've had in the past. I dunno though, I'm just spitballing

the main screen says:
crGgSLIMaVGcDTtTcaGUioATpedL_Leghr_
right up at the top, dunno if thats helpful or anything, I just really want to play this game

#460 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

same bug for me,
I'm using the alien vs predator gold edition "best seller series" in france;
and when i choose to install this in french, some menus appears with the good french names, and most of the menus don't appear at all;
something to do with the "language.txt"?

Edited by gilles9999, 16 February 2009 - 05:34 AM.

#461 rocky5

rocky5

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Ddude723 @ Feb 16 2009, 02:00 AM) View Post

Could someone make a cover art shot like the one that xbmc uses when you have it in icon mode? I have no clue how to do this because when i use dvd2xbox it makes the icons automatically (i'm guessing it takes the image somewhere from the retail discs?).

I made this for use with my PM3-HD Tron Skin just rename to Default.tbn and put it in the folder

IPB Image

QUOTE(GeneralIdea @ Feb 16 2009, 02:17 AM) View Post

Hey guys, is there anyone playing this with the component cables hooked up? cos all my in game text, including the menus, is totally gibberish, and I know the cable has been cause for some of the rendering issues I've had in the past. I dunno though, I'm just spitballing

the main screen says:
crGgSLIMaVGcDTtTcaGUioATpedL_Leghr_
right up at the top, dunno if thats helpful or anything, I just really want to play this game

Yeah i use component cable and the game works fine in 720p no Graphical glitches that i can see.

Edited by rocky5, 16 February 2009 - 12:04 PM.

#462 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

Well as Marine it locks up on load screne, as Predator I can start the game, move, and then it locks up. Have not tested Alien yet.

#463 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(shareware @ Feb 15 2009, 02:51 PM) View Post

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Map Packs 1-4

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Bonus Map Pack 5

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Bonus Map Pack 6

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition Bonus Map Pack 7

That's a cool post shareware.

If you have editing capabilities sirlemonhead, you might want to put that towards the top of this thread so it doesn't get lost. (Or better yet, someone should include them with the download if they work with your port. I can't imagine they're not legal to download since gamespot has them)

~Rx

#464 guybird

guybird

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:51 PM

Awesome job man!!! I always loved this game, and always thought it was better suited on a console than a pc (especially when playing as the alien). One thing that I'd really like to see in it other than the obvious movie/music support: Changeable resolutions. I have it hooked up via component (all HD modes enabled) and I'm not quite sure what resolution its running at, but it has a huge overscan issue. You can't read the mission hints that display at the top of the screen (cut off). I'd tried changing resolutions in game, but it just displays "Xbox 0x0x0" and I can't seem to change it; I assume other video modes aren't supported right now.

#465 sirlemonhead

sirlemonhead

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

I havent coded multiple resolution support at all. It's not a problem or anything, I just dont have anything other than a composite hookup for my xbox so I can't do a whole lot of testing.

I never bothered to get the top console on screen properly. I was more or less hoping to re-write that so it's a bit bigger - it's somewhat unreadable on a pc at higher resolutions as it is (as is most menu text..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users