2 replies to this topic

#1 Error420

Error420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 08:59 AM

Is it possible to boot a xbox v1.6 with UDE2. Then flash a blank mod chip if you use a switch to enable it? I've got a v1 box that has a toasted eeprom that needs a modchip. All I need to do is program it, Anyone ever try this. I dont want to fry my working box.

#2 JimmyGoon

JimmyGoon

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Error420 @ Sep 4 2004, 10:02 AM)
Is it possible to boot a xbox v1.6 with UDE2. Then flash a blank mod chip if you use a switch to enable it? I've got a v1 box that has a toasted eeprom that needs a modchip. All I need to do is program it, Anyone ever try this. I dont want to fry my working box.

WOW! Thats an awesome idea. I don't know... maybe you can use a raincoat flasher or something to do it....... hmm interesting idea.

#3 Error420

Error420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:26 PM

Maybe I should continue working on this then. Ive found some EN29F002NT chips I found in some junk motherboards, one had a couple of screwed up traces, and the other had junk caps that had been fixed one to many times. Got at least a year extra out the thing though. Oh well, I just hate to be the one to experiment around with flipping the lframe on and off, screwing up the onboard bios. I'll look around and see if I can find anymore information. Thanx...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users