• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigphilm

bigphilm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:01 PM

I have installed the xecuter 2.3b lite on my 1.1 xbox, and I still can`t get it to work

Intially I tried installing it by using the solderless adapter which worked for a a single boot(xecuter 2 on startup) but after a re-boot it went back to MS and I could not get it back. It turns out the solderless adapter wasn`t seated properly and I couldn`t get it to either.

So I tried the pinhead install, all the soldering is tidy and the board LED`s are on but when I came to boot up to test (power and AV cable but no DVD+HDD) I only get the green on the eject button and if left for a while it frag`s.

If you do connect the DVD + HDD then it boots OK into the MS bios wether the mod is on or not.

I have heard on the pinhead install that you can resolve this issue by soldering the D0 to the front of the motherboard, if so is this in the same position as if you were using the solderless adapter.

I dont know what to do noe PLEASE HELP!!

#2 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 September 2004 - 05:14 PM

I dont know what you were talking about when you said you got the Xecuter2 at the bottom, becuase you shouldnt, unless this chip already has illegal bios. You should get a blue or black Cromwell screen. As far as the frag just check the solder job and use the Alt. D0 on bottom of the motherboard.

#3 bigphilm

bigphilm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for your reply,

Im new to the Xbox mod scene so I dont really know what you mean by illegal bios, a friend who bought the mod from the same place told me that you see the Xecutor 2 logo instread of the MS on the POST. This is straight out the box.

As for the D0 connection I am currently using the one one the userside of the motherboard and it does not work, is the alternate on the one shown on the "wired" installation tutorial

Al the solders look fine and there dont appear to be any crossed/broken tracks

#4 ComputerDude5565

ComputerDude5565

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 September 2004 - 06:50 PM

Well if this chip is right out of the box you will not get Xecuter2 you will get a blue/black Cromwell screen. And the Alt. D0 is the one on bottom just check and make sure your on the right pad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users