2 replies to this topic

#1 zero129

zero129

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

ok, my friend from the u.s messed up his hdd by deleting his msdash, (its from a us ver 1.0 xbox), so he send it to me to see if i could fix it by unlocking it, anyway, i got the xbox hdd, and put it into my xbox (ver 1.5 pal xbox) both hdds look the exact same, and are the same make and everything, so i thought it might work, and i might be able to fix it by hot swapping it, and putting back on the msdash from the slayer installer and evo x, with the pbl, so i got everything set up and ready to go, i pluged his hdd into my xbox, turned on my pc with xbox hd cd in it pressed the pause button before it went to detact my hdd's, then i turned on his xbox, let it booth to the xbox screen, then an error comes up without a number saying this xbox needs service or something like that, so i plugged out the ide wire from the xbox and plugged in my pc ide wire, and let the xbox hd cd load, but it kept saying the hdd was locked, so then i did it again, only this time i got it pluged out before the "your xbox needs service" screen, but the drive was still locked, is the anyway to fix this drive or unlock it?, or is it just dead?.

#2 zero129

zero129

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 03:21 PM

Can anyone help me with this?.

#3 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:14 AM

No nothing, is wrong with the drive.
You are not hotswapping at the correct time.
Read up on hotswapping methods such as Error 12, and MS logo, and try again.

Hotswapping is a skill, and should be done with care, as you may damage your hardware doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users