#1 MorfiusX

MorfiusX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2003 - 03:43 PM

Do you have a question about MediaXMenu?

This thread will serve as a working FAQ on how to use this great program to create multi game disks.

I will try to answer any questions regarding the program and, hopefully, so will the creator BenJeremy. This thread will eventually be converted into a HTML format for use on the Media X Menu web site.

You can visit MediaXMenu's web site here.

Q: What is MediaXMenu?
A: MediaXMenu is a program developed by BenJeremy. This program was designed to allow for more than one game to be put on a single blank DVD disk as well as surpass the limitations od CPX MenuX.

Q: How do I use MediaXMenu?
A: You can visit MediaXMenu's web site here. MediaXMenu also comes with a "Readme.txt" file that tells you how to configure the program. More detailed tutorial will be coming shortly.

MOD edit: And don't forget to check out Ray12944's MXM site (linked from the MXM Site) for detailed set-up instructions and more.

Edited by geniusalz, 22 October 2003 - 07:49 PM.

#2 bigcol

bigcol

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 04:27 PM

Yes. I have a question. How do i use it in a step by step guide for mxm dummies! Shame someone hasnt created a tutorial for mxm for the complete and utter noob who has just d/l mxm and has no clue what to do.

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2003 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (bigcol @ Jan 25 2003, 12:27 PM)
Yes. I have a question. How do i use it in a step by step guide for mxm dummies! Shame someone hasnt created a tutorial for mxm for the complete and utter noob who has just d/l mxm and has no clue what to do.

Well, there is a tutorial, for bare minimal installation using MXM.

Hopefully, in the coming weeks, there will be more tutorials, though.

#4 MorfiusX

MorfiusX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 January 2003 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (bigcol @ Jan 25 2003, 11:27 AM)

I have been working on new tutorial on how to set up MXM from scratch. I have been very busy lately and haven't had much time. But, it's in the works. You should be able to find the tutorial here, or on MXM's website when I am finished.

#5 ExOrCizT

ExOrCizT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 07:25 PM

where u get iT?

#6 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (ExOrCizT @ Feb 9 2003, 03:25 PM)
where u get iT?

The standard answer is that I can't tell you directly where to get it, HOWEVER, I can say that looking for MXMReadMe.txt in xbox-related usenet groups is a good place to start, and should help you find it in short order.

If you don't know what usenet is, try a search and pay attention to "Easynews" and "news2me" related posts here.

#7 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:16 PM

Hey BenJ.... I have 2 (hopefully) quick questions for you.

1) I have been using the MXM auto-config for a while now with no problems. I'm just dropping a MXM_SS file in each game directory, makeing an iso of everything then burning. Up till now everything has been working fine. However, I just tried making a multi-game disk with Robotwars (I know it's a crappy game.. no jokes). Anyway... MXM boots up but when I select RW in the menu it MXM freezes up. The MXM_SS pic is just a jpg from the xbox site. When I created an ISO of the game alone it boots and plays fine. Do you know of any issues with the game.

2) I am using IGR from the executer bios. When I boot off a MXM DVD all goes OK... However, when I then use IGR to reboot the box after loading any game everything just goes black. I have to power off/on the box and boot again. Any ideas?

BTW... thanks for the great utility.

b0ink

Edited by b0ink, 10 February 2003 - 08:17 PM.

#8 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (b0ink @ Feb 10 2003, 04:16 PM)
Hey BenJ.... I have 2 (hopefully) quick questions for you.

1) I have been using the MXM auto-config for a while now with no problems. I'm just dropping a MXM_SS file in each game directory, makeing an iso of everything then burning. Up till now everything has been working fine. However, I just tried making a multi-game disk with Robotwars (I know it's a crappy game.. no jokes). Anyway... MXM boots up but when I select RW in the menu it MXM freezes up. The MXM_SS pic is just a jpg from the xbox site. When I created an ISO of the game alone it boots and plays fine. Do you know of any issues with the game.

2) I am using IGR from the executer bios. When I boot off a MXM DVD all goes OK... However, when I then use IGR to reboot the box after loading any game everything just goes black. I have to power off/on the box and boot again. Any ideas?

BTW... thanks for the great utility.

b0ink

I never got Robot Wars to work from a subdirectory or HD... that might be the key. So the issue might be that it simply doesn't work from a subdirectory.

Yeah, it's a piece o' crap game, though, so no great loss, right? tongue.gif

As for IGR, Team Xecutor was looking into it, as they have tools to debug better then I do. MXM also doesn't like being launched from BoXplorer, and I suspect there is a relationship there.

#9 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:26 PM

I actually got RW to work from the HD without any issues. Oh well... it's not like I am going to ever play it again anyway.

Would IGR work if I used EvolutionX's dashboard version?

#10 ExOrCizT

ExOrCizT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:26 PM

urgh!!! usenet cost money!! isnt there a place on mirc? its not on xbinz

#11 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (ExOrCizT @ Feb 10 2003, 04:26 PM)
urgh!!! usenet cost money!! isnt there a place on mirc? its not on xbinz

I've been told that the #xbins ftp site hosts something in the dashboard area, whatever that might be biggrin.gif

#12 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 09:48 PM

Here's one of the new "initialization" screen options:

user posted image

It's animated and runs while MXM is loading the skin and game data (can replace the sky and logo screen)

Edited by BenJeremy, 10 February 2003 - 09:49 PM.

#13 ExOrCizT

ExOrCizT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:29 PM

HeH there it is

#14 RiPPn

RiPPn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:11 AM

That loading screen is much better, several different options liek that and I will be a happy man. wink.gif That and I would like to know how you use a motion video as the background, the screenshot looked pretty tight when doing that.

#15 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (RiPPn @ Feb 11 2003, 12:11 AM)
That loading screen is much better, several different options liek that and I will be a happy man. wink.gif That and I would like to know how you use a motion video as the background, the screenshot looked pretty tight when doing that.

Well, I will toss in a patcher program, so you can patch the XBE before putting in your compilations or on the HD to select the init screen you want. I might add one or two more possible screens, or include variations and combinations of several different effects (all done at runtime) - by default it will randomly choose one.

As for using motion video, you just need to make a WMV file using the Windows Media Encoder 8 tools (has to be "8"). Video can be used anywhere an image is used... screenshots, backgrounds, whatever, you can do a slight modification to a skin or make an entirely new skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users