266 replies to this topic

#256 FlukeII

FlukeII

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 07:54 PM

23 Days Later

Okay New guy alert. I will be Modding my Xbox very shortly. I have the Chip and the "usual files" from the "usual places." I plan on using MXM as my default Dashboard, after all the reports came in it seems like this one is the way to go. Xcuter 2.2Pro/Bios 4977 with Switches for Xbox Live. Planning on using it mainly for Emus and Watching Movies/Clips off it's Hard Drive, plus Xbox games..

I'm pretty good with computers but this whole process seems intimidating so explain it to my noob style. Been reading these forums like a mofo, my head is starting to hurt. A Few Quick Questions:

1.) Will Xbox Live see the "MXM".xbe in the C:Drive along with the other files that need to be copied to C: and Ban me? The Switches just turn off the cracked Bios right? Pretty sure it doesn't cloak the files on the C:Drive so I was curious. If so how would I set it up to have these files on the extra partitions and point to them? That might even be cool for organizational reasons anyway...

2.) I will be installing an 80gb Hard Drive in as well, what methods do you MXM fellas recommend for partitioning and setting up this? MXM doesn't perform this process I assume.

3.) To Backup my Original Drive Files to my PC, is MXM's FTP "Server" able to be run off a disc and FTP the C: & E: over. Also in Vice Versa to copy back to the new HDD? Or should I use the EvoX tutorial?

4.) With MXM are you able to "Map Network Drives" in Win XP to your Xbox. It is supposedly possibly according to a tutorial located at this site but it says you need Evolution X. This would be killer since it looks like I'll be customizing XML files left & right.

I'm sure I will have a million more questions. I'd like to thank Ben Jeremy for all his hard work. Even if I don't get this poo working he STILL deserves mad props for this monumentous undertaking.

Peace Out Cub Scout

#257 create

create

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (FlukeII @ Aug 27 2003, 09:54 PM)
23 Days Later

Okay New guy alert.  I will be Modding my Xbox very shortly.  I have the Chip and the "usual files" from the "usual places."  I plan on using MXM as my default Dashboard, after all the reports came in it seems like this one is the way to go. Xcuter 2.2Pro/Bios 4977 with Switches for Xbox Live.  Planning on using it mainly for Emus and Watching Movies/Clips off it's Hard Drive, plus Xbox games.. 

I'm pretty good with computers but this whole process seems intimidating so explain it to my noob style. Been reading these forums like a mofo, my head is starting to hurt.  A Few Quick Questions: 

1.)  Will Xbox Live see the "MXM".xbe in the C:Drive along with the other files that need to be copied to C: and Ban me?  The Switches just turn off the cracked Bios right?  Pretty sure it doesn't cloak the files on the C:Drive so I was curious.  If so how would I set it up to have these files on the extra partitions and point to them?  That might even be cool for organizational reasons anyway...

2.)  I will be installing an 80gb Hard Drive in as well, what methods do you MXM fellas recommend for partitioning and setting up this?  MXM doesn't perform this process I assume.

3.)  To Backup my Original Drive Files to my PC, is MXM's FTP "Server" able to be run off a disc and FTP the C: & E: over.   Also in Vice Versa to copy back to the new HDD?  Or should I use the EvoX tutorial?

4.)  With MXM are you able to "Map Network Drives" in Win XP to your Xbox.  It is supposedly possibly according to a tutorial located at this site but it says you need Evolution X.  This would be killer since it looks like I'll be customizing XML files left & right.

I'm sure I will have a million more questions.  I'd like to thank Ben Jeremy for all his hard work.  Even if I don't get this poo working he STILL deserves mad props for this monumentous undertaking. 

Peace Out Cub Scout

1. New Xbox Live dash and updates are coming out this month and we don't know yet if they will be scanning the HD for files that shouldn't be there. Sorry, don't know about partitioning the HD and pointing to the files such as mxm.xbe, evoxdash.xbe or whatever else.

2. Under Tutorials on the Xbox-Scene main page, Evolution X section, there are 3-4 HD swapping tuts. I'd recommend reading them all as some are more up to date and allow you to bypass some steps in the other tuts but imo you should know what you used to have to do.

3. Not sure about MXM running off a disc for allowing FTP access. When I got into this whole thing I used an EvoX disc but that became a hassle so I now use the Xcuter BIOS that has an FTP server built into it. This way you don't need the FTP from any dash application to start getting files across each way.

4. Under the Evolution X tuts there are two methods for mapping drives. I have both ways setup atm. There is one way using XP's map drive feature and the other way using a program called Web drive that I like better.

Hope that helped some. Once you get your chip installed and start working with all of this it becomes a lot easier. I spent a day a little frustrated burning EvoX to a CD, getting the right files and programs to flash my BIOS et. cetera but now you don't need to burn EvoX to a CD to FTP into your Xbox if you use the Xcuter BIOS with built in FTP. I think it's a lot easier though it does get some flack from people for being bigger than most BIOS'.

Edited by create, 07 September 2003 - 07:28 PM.

#258 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2003 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, MXM will be able to format, and copy, very shortly.... so it will be usable as an "install disc"

While the DVD operation is slightly different, all of the features are still available.

#259 Yildiz

Yildiz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:54 PM

Although I have never tried or even seen MXM, the praise it has recieved makes it obvious it's a great dash. I have just bought a new HDD, and now I have to choose which dash to use. I really want to try MXM, and since 0.9n.5 can format my HDD, I think I will go for it. The problem is I'm a noob and I could really get stuck should there be some obscure bug. I'm curious to know if you plan to do small bugfixes (assuming there are bugs, of course) and release patched 0.9n.5's in the "usual places"? This is in no way meant as unappreciative nagging. You have obviously made a great contribution to the xbox mod scene. I just want to know if I should install it now, or delay putting in my new HDD and wait for a patched version of 0.9n.5.

Also, could anyone tell me if the HDD-format of MXM is pretty much selfexplanatory, or do I need to check around to make sure I don't make some irrevocable mistakes?

#260 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 07:43 PM

There will probably be several "slayer" type install discs based on MXM. It's more flexible than Evo-X, and will soon have even more power as I add new stuff.

At the moment, the only problem MXM has seems to be with X2 4977 when it's modified for a large F: - and yes, there will probably be a release within the next week or two if I can pin down the problem.

#261 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 September 2003 - 02:16 AM

Im curious BJ. Evox uses the disk.bin file or whatever. And MXM doesn't. What's up with that exactly?

#262 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (flattspott @ Sep 27 2003, 11:16 PM)
Im curious BJ. Evox uses the disk.bin file or whatever. And MXM doesn't. What's up with that exactly?

I don't know what the disk.bin file is...

...and Team Evolution-X doesn't really want to open source anything. There are a lot of secrets they aren't telling anybody.

#263 dragonx

dragonx

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:32 AM

real quick question...

what is the easy way to have mxm look at a music directory you have on the root...

for instance c:music

blink.gif

#264 Terin

Terin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

Hello, Im a regular Evox user and im getting ready to make the switch to your dashboard, as it looks alot better and has some features ive been wanting for a while. There is one thing im stuck on tho.
Within Evox I had it auto sorting two directories into one submenu. I havent seen a clear way to do this in MXM. Ex:
in Evox:

[Menu]

Section "Root"
{
Section "Xbox Games"
{
AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
AutoAddItem "f:\HDDLoader\"
AutoAddItem "e:\HDDLoader\"
SortAll
}

and so on. That dumps all the games found from those 4 directories into the Xbox Games submenu. How do i edit this;
<Submenu>
<SortField>Title</SortField>
<Title>Games</Title>
<Description />
<Exe />
<Media />
<AutoDir>f:\Games\</AutoDir>
<Passcode />
<Thumbnail />
</Submenu>

So that I can enter multiple directories to autosort into that submenu? I am using MXM beta .9m

Once again thanks for the great support.

#265 koldfuzion

koldfuzion

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

<Submenu>
<SortField>Title</SortField>
<Title>Games</Title>
<Description />
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">E:\games\</AutoDir>
</Item>
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">F:\games\</AutoDir>
</Item>
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">E:\HDDLoader\</AutoDir>
</Item>
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">F:\HDDLoader\</AutoDir>
</Item>
</Submenu>

Edited by koldfuzion, 21 May 2004 - 01:29 PM.

#266 Terin

Terin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:41 PM

Sweet deal, thanks for the quick reply.

#267 pelago

pelago

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Terin @ May 21 2004, 03:15 PM)
I am using MXM beta .9m

Also, you should probably upgrade to the latest MXM, 0.9n.6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users