darksteppin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 February 2003 - 02:58 PM

What is the newest version of mxm? I am using Media X Menu 0.9f and it is fantastic but I would like to get the new version with the different background and loading screen. If you have the newest version can you please send it to XXXXXXXX if that is possible.

Thanks

Edited by BenJeremy, 16 February 2003 - 05:16 PM.

#17 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2003 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (darksteppin @ Feb 16 2003, 10:58 AM)
What is the newest version of mxm? I am using Media X Menu 0.9f and it is fantastic but I would like to get the new version with the different background and loading screen. If you have the newest version can you please send it to XXXXXXXX if that is possible.

Thanks

Sorry, you can't request, it's against the forum rules.

I'm hard at work on version 0.9g.... all I can say is that it's a massive update, so you have to be patient. It isn't available yet.

#18 darksteppin

darksteppin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 February 2003 - 12:33 PM

Sorry about the request. I'm new to this forum. I can't wait for the new version.

#19 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 05:16 AM

Beta 0.9g

* Reorganizing MusicManager to stomp all known issues with song selection and local soundtrack.
* Added two additional "intro" screens that can be configured with patching
0 = Matrix Effect intro screen
1 = Large Logo with sky
2 = Small Logo with sky
* Added Matrix effect to screen saver; Saver will SOON allow combination of several elements:
- Background can be black or shifting colors
- Matrix Effect "falling symbols"
- Bouncing MXM logo
* Added a system menu accessed with "Back" button
* Fixed memory/resource leak with fading screen logic
* Matrix Symbolic font was added to "built-in" data - Font designed by me (BJ), includes 12 symbols and letters A,D,E,I,M,N,U,X
* MenuX Compatibility - MXM's default.xbe can be dropped in as a direct replacement for the MenuX app... it will use the XDI file to configure the games, and also use the PNGs and sounds from the MenuX media directory as a 'skin', unless another skin is loaded (If 'real' MXM skins are available, the MenuX 'skin' will be randomly selected with the other choices).

#20 ftc2002

ftc2002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:22 AM

uhh.gif

Yeah, I have a question. I am having a problem with MXM 0.9d. When it loads I can select the first game, but as soon as I try to select the other games it keeps going up to the first game. And later I tried it again now I can't even play the first game it seems to freeze. Can someone please help? Oh yeah I didn't change anything. Has anyone esle had this problem?

#21 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (ftc2002 @ Feb 24 2003, 05:22 AM)
uhh.gif

Yeah, I have a question. I am having a problem with MXM 0.9d. When it loads I can select the first game, but as soon as I try to select the other games it keeps going up to the first game. And later I tried it again now I can't even play the first game it seems to freeze. Can someone please help? Oh yeah I didn't change anything. Has anyone esle had this problem?

Sounds odd... you should try starting the games with BoXplorer, to determine if the disc is a bad burn... this is usually the problem with freezing games, 99% of the time.

If MXM simply does not launch the app, then it's probably a configuration problem. In that case, post your config here, or describe your directories.

Also... try and get the latest, 0.9g, you should be able to find the MXMReadMe.txt on usenet (that's all I can tell you) in "the usual places".

#22 ftc2002

ftc2002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:17 PM

biggrin.gif

Thanks,you were right it was a bad burn. I burned it again and now it is working fine the music, the menu. Again thanks for your help.

#23 myst

myst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:27 PM

i put mediaXmenu in craxtionIso dir as a replacement to menuX... result: IT DOESNT WORK AT ALL! it will load ad the startup, show screenshot and music but doesnt launch games (it doesnt find default.xbe in the game dir... the xbe is actually there of course)

try the thing you say before TALKING!! muhaha.gif

Edited by myst, 25 February 2003 - 05:29 PM.

#24 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (myst @ Feb 25 2003, 01:27 PM)
i put mediaXmenu in craxtionIso dir as a replacement to menuX... result: IT DOESNT WORK AT ALL! it will load ad the startup, show screenshot and music but doesnt launch games (it doesnt find default.xbe in the game dir... the xbe is actually there of course)

try the thing you say before TALKING!!  muhaha.gif

:::sigh::::

You can see what MXM expects to find by simply pressing "BACK" (puts up the system menu) and selecting "Game Info" - does the information look correct? Can you launch the game with BoXplorer by directly navigating to it?

If the Game Info looks correct, and BoXplorer works, then there should be no reason for MXM not to launch the game.

Your report is the first I've heard of it not working, in the last week. It's possible there is a problem, but please double check before posting something like this. Bad burns are often to blame for games not loading properly, but just in case, I do have some diagnostic info you can check... the BoXplorer launch is important, becuase it is an idnependent means of launching a game on a disc, and if that doesn't work, then the game is simply not GOING to work, no matter what menu is there.

Please check and report back here. Send me your menu.xdi (bj2000@hotmail.com) so if there **is** a problem with MXM, I can fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BenJeremy, 25 February 2003 - 05:37 PM.

#25 myst

myst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:12 AM

first of all, excuse me for the tone of my precedent post.

Game infos looked correct (sort of D:game01default.xbe, as craxtionIso default) and if i copy the game to HD they works correct. i cannot try boxplorer now cause i throwed the dvdr away tongue.gif

i'll try with a DVD-RW next time! laugh.gif

excuse me again for the angry message i wrote yesterday! wink.gif

#26 timdotexe

timdotexe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:08 PM

Hey BJ. Nice work on MXM!

I have just made the transition from using COMPLEX MenuX to MXM.

I am very impressed mate! Congrats on your excellent work.

Just a quick question.

Is there anyway to completely turn off the initial MXM screen? (with the MXM logo and sky background).

Cheers,
Tim

#27 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (timdotexe @ Mar 3 2003, 07:08 PM)
Hey BJ. Nice work on MXM!

I have just made the transition from using COMPLEX MenuX to MXM.

I am very impressed mate! Congrats on your excellent work.

Just a quick question.

Is there anyway to completely turn off the initial MXM screen? (with the MXM logo and sky background).

Cheers,
Tim

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!

Read the MXMReadMe.txt!!!! It's explained.

Sorry to go off like this but it's a bit of a hot button for me by now. Read the doco. It's been answered many, many times before here, too. huh.gif

...but I'm glad you liked the program, at least. wink.gif

#28 Ant2483

Ant2483

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:03 PM

Will Auto-Config work on a HD because everytime I go to start up a game in MXM it looks in the D drive. Can anyone help me? Can I change the Directory where MXM looks?

#29 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Ant2483 @ Mar 5 2003, 12:03 PM)
Will Auto-Config work on a HD because everytime I go to start up a game in MXM it looks in the D drive. Can anyone help me? Can I change the Directory where MXM looks?

Not yet.... it only looks in the immediate subdirectories.

I will be providing more options on this soon, including support for submenus.

#30 Ant2483

Ant2483

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:34 PM

Thanks alot, so will have to use the Item tag in order to get MXM to find my game right?

Edited by Ant2483, 05 March 2003 - 04:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users