16 replies to this topic

#1 Snowfire

Snowfire

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:35 AM

I boot with a game in the xbox and I get a error 05!! I boot without disc and get error 05! What should I do?!?!Please help!! Crisiss!!I have a UDE2 soft modded box. What do I do?!?! Emergency!! I know that the title says 21 but I was mistaken. The xbox says error 05. I checked 3 times and I'm finally sure that it says error 05. Please Help!!

Edited by Snowfire, 06 September 2004 - 03:46 AM.

#2 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:29 AM

5 - kernel - HDD not locked (retail bioses require the hd to be locked)

This is what a error 5 means which mean that you might have put in a bigger hdd but didn't release that UDE2 is a exploit and doesn't change the bios permenetly so you will have to get the hddkey and lock it to your xbox. Or you used config magic to unlock it and now that's your problem. Post more info for more help.

#3 Snowfire

Snowfire

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:46 AM

Ok, heres what happened. I let some people play on my xbox, when I came back down stairs, no matter what I did I got the error 05 message. I asked what happened and my bro said that they pressed unlock hdd in evox and then they manual pressed the shut off button then they rebooted it. Then it just gave me the error message.

#4 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:54 AM

Ok first off beat the living shit out of your brother then read on.

Ok first thing to do is see if you did what all of these tutorials told you and backedup you HDDKEY, if you did and it's on your computer type 596 (lol just put the number down on what you have and i'll post what you can do)

Second You have a backedup epprom/hddkey but it's on your xbox. type 597

third you don't even know what i'm talking about. type 598

fourth you upgraded you hdd and still have the original xbox hdd that is still locked. type 599

fifth you have another tsop/chipped xbox somewhere. type 600

replay back or email me at banditjunaris@bresnan.net, or if you have msn just add me (same email) for a faster response.

#5 50centSHOW

50centSHOW

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (Viper16 @ Sep 6 2004, 05:57 AM)
Ok first off beat the living out of your brother then read on.

Ok first thing to do is see if you did what all of these tutorials told you and backedup you HDDKEY, if you did and it's on your computer type 596 (lol just put the number down on what you have and i'll post what you can do)

Second You have a backedup epprom/hddkey but it's on your xbox. type 597

third you don't even know what i'm talking about. type 598

fourth you upgraded you hdd and still have the original xbox hdd that is still locked. type 599

fifth you have another tsop/chipped xbox somewhere. type 600

replay back or email me at banditjunaris@bresnan.net, or if you have msn just add me (same email) for a faster response.

I got the same problem, 597.

#6 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:27 AM

K there is a way to get around this but I gotta figure out where to start.

#7 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Viper16 @ Sep 6 2004, 12:30 AM)
K there is a way to get around this but I gotta figure out where to start.

you can get a head start while you wait
REMOVE the HDD fron your xbox and ready it for you PC....

#8 50centSHOW

50centSHOW

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:47 AM

I tried to view the tut on XS for taking the xbox apart to get my hardrive but my browser wont load it. Is there another tut you guys can point me to, I used the search button but it was negative on results.

#9 50centSHOW

50centSHOW

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:13 AM

AAaahhhhh!!! Dammit!! I've been searching and can't find a tut to take the HD out. The only one I found wont show on my PC!!!

#10 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:18 AM

6 screws (torx) 4 under feet, 2 under stickers
1 on HDD holder
4 HDD to holder

#11 50centSHOW

50centSHOW

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:28 AM

Thank you for your help.

#12 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:33 AM

that's true but it depends ok here's a couple of things a small tut if you say:

If you have lost you hddkey, never had it but did back it up and it's on your xbox and unlocked your hdd go to option 1.

If you never had your epprom (hddkey) and didn't back it up go to option 2

Anything else please notify me.

OPTION 1:

So your hdd is unlocked and you didn't get the backup folder out of the xbox hdd and on to your computer then this is for you.

I am not responsible for anything you might do to your xbox whether you make it worse or not. If you do not know what you are doing then please read as much as you can before you ever start to mod your xbox and always backup everything.

Things needed-
a floppy disk
HD_Fatx_polorer (found-usual places)
HDD_driver (found-UP)
Your unlocked hdd in primary/master
(Might be needed) 10 gb of hdd space on you puters hdd
windows 2000pro/xp for the programs
unlockx or hdlock (which ever you perfer) (found-tools section of xbox-scene)
a dos boot disc (found-in xboxhdm v1.9 or LINK SOON)
atapwd (found-tools of xbox-scene)
Steps:
1. set you xbox hdd in the primary/master setting and boot up you computer

2. go to fatx polorer and try to find you xbox hdd and see if you can extract your hddkey.txt (if you used the 007 hack or somthing else it's in udata/4510045d/00000000/backups might not be right on but close to somthing like that)

3.if you got the fatx_polorer to work then move on to step 6 if not move to 4

4.if fatx_polorer didn't reconize your xbox hdd then you might have to use hdd_driver (you will need 10gigs of free space) backup you hdd using hdd_driver. and then contuine (if any errors occur please notify me this will take up some time).

5.now use fatx_polorer but with the image you just now created and see if that works if not then move to option 2.

6.now that it's extracted open the hddkey.txt and write down the key you see should be something like- xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx but don't worry about caps and don't worry about the double 00 (any double zero's 00 you see don't write them down it's the end of the key).

7. make the dos boot disk and put in it the atapwd.exe, hdlock.exe

8. With you boot disk, hddkey in hand, and xbox hdd in the primary/master slot reboot your computer with the boot disk in (it would be wise to remove all other hard drives from your computer to ensure no mistakes)

9.When the A:/ or whatever pops up in dos hit atapwd, and it will show on your xbox hdd a + - - - - which means it's unlock, get back to the prompt.

10.now type in hdlock, and it will bring up a list of devices if you only have you xbox hdd in then it's the only one in there. But if you have your other hdd's in there then this is how it goes:
1-primary/master
2-primary/slave
3-secondary/master
4-secondary/slave
(if you know where you put it, if not check and match serial numbers if in doubt)
and select your drive.

11.Now it asks you for you password, now be precise and careful here because if locked with the wrong password then it won't work and you will have to do more work to unlock it (you can get it back). Type in your hddkey that you wrote down here (no spaces, caps doesn't matter and no double 00's).

12.Once done type atapwd and find you xbox hard drive and now it sould look about like ++ - - - , exit out and turn off you computer.

13.Take you locked xbox hdd and put in back in the xbox and boot up, if it booted up then there you go, if it boot's up to a different error cod (error 6 I think) then you password might have been messed up if so head down to so you mess up you password.

(end, option two coming soon)

Edited by Viper16, 06 September 2004 - 07:00 AM.

#13 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:42 AM

Option 2:

needed-
xboxhdmv1.9.zip
cdr (any kind)
some type of burner
burner software (I used alchol 120% found-google it)
time

Ok option two is really xbox hard drive maker v1.9 because it can do what you need but to do it's a little tricky but it can be found under the xbox/operating systems/linux/distro's/xboxhdm at the usual places.

It comes with a tutorial in it and is self explantory, but if assitance is needed please post or email me banditjunaris@bresnan.net.

#14 50centSHOW

50centSHOW

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:53 AM

I'll give it my all. Thanks Viper. Your a life saver.

#15 Viper16

Viper16

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:59 AM

So you messed up somewhere in your password:

needed-
Hdunlock
hddisabl
or Unlockx (all found in tools xbox-scene)
same dos boot disk
xbox hdd in computer (as whatever unlockx needs primary/master)

once again i take no responbility for what might or can happen to you xbox, but I will help if i can. This second part has been made in case you make a mistake in your password.

1. Make the boot disk, and put the .exe files in there. While in the floppy find something that wasn't there before such as hddpass.txt, or something of that sort that's your password that was entered jot it down and or check it with the one you got to see if there is any mistakes.

2. if you see your mistake then note it and reboot your computer in the dos prompt (Ie; the boot disk)

3. once there type in atapwd and see that your xbox hdd now is +++ - -, this means it's been locked and has a rebootable memory of that password (ie: will lock it's self back up on reboot) exit out.

4.type hdunlock (or unlockx) and select your drive and then type the password (the one that you made the mistake on)

5. when done type atapwd to check, it should be now ++ - - -, now exit.

6. now type hddisabl (notice no e at the end not sure if it matters) and do the same thing as in step 4 (ie:find xbox hdd, and type password that was messed up)

7. Check it again in atapwd, should be + - - - - now, exit.

8.now type hdlock and select you xbox hdd and then type the correct password making sure everything is right this time.

9.Just check in atapwd, and then give it a test run in you xbox.

I think all for the programs that they made, I also like to accknowledge all the other tutorials I have read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users