• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IRONBUDDHA

IRONBUDDHA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:27 AM

Hey people ,Heres my enquiry. I have an 1.0 vers XBOX with what i believe to be a philips drive(tray cutout keyholed shaped) I recently installed an alladdin advance chip an had the latest vers of Evo-X installed. With the great tutourials from this site ive managed to make backups using flash fxp and Craxtion4. The thing is with the backups im havin a bit of potluck getting them to boot first time ,either by using Evox to launch DVD or booting with the disk in tray. Having to boot the xbox with the disk in a coupla dozen times to get the game to boot prolly aint doin the switch any favours lol. Im not getting any error messages and evox tells me theres a game disk in the drive. once the game starts it plays fine no sound or visual glitches at all. I have a + type burner and use brand name +r disks, teak, tdk verbatim, etc.. also the drive reads the games fine during ftp to the computer.Im sure the first few times i used the newley modded console the games booted first time. Any ideas as to why the multiple attempts to boot the game are needed? my m8 came past with his box with an alladdin chip an an xecuter2 bios(no modded dash)his drive looked the same as mine and all my games booted first time on his machine. any help would be appreciated.

#2 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:04 AM

sounds like you drive don't like dvd+r or that brand..
my 1.0 likes dvd-r and does the same thing with +r's at turn on only thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users