• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Travis4ku

Travis4ku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:29 PM

Hey guys I just got my ICE chip in and im getting ready to install it. I was wondering a few things before i jumped into it. Does anyone have any good pictures of where the solder points are (1.3 xbox) and second, what all drives to i need to back up? and after that i relise i need to format the drive, (using the OS2 partiton wizard?) and then i need to pop in slayers, WHERE can I find slayers at? thnx xbscene!

#2 S1lenT_X

S1lenT_X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Xbox, Electronics, Movies, Modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:35 PM

a) Back up the C drive in order to recover any system files, and back up the E drive if you want to keep your save games.
B ) If you are using the original HDD, you don't need to format. Formatting is usually for larger HDDs.
c) You can find Slayers at the "usual places". Have a peek at the Slayers website. Join the IRC channel, and go from there.

Edited by S1lenT_X, 06 September 2004 - 03:35 PM.

#3 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (S1lenT_X @ Sep 6 2004, 11:38 AM)
c) You can find Slayers at the "usual places". Have a peek at the Slayers website. Join the IRC channel, and go from there.

its just a torrent file for slayers, the official, full slayers can be found on slayers irc channel.

(just as a note: you arent supposed to ask where to download files, its against forum rules.)

#4 Travis4ku

Travis4ku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:44 PM

ohhh...im sorry...im still a newb sad.gif But Yes i will be using probably a 200gig HD

#5 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Travis4ku @ Sep 6 2004, 11:47 AM)
ohhh...im sorry...im still a newb sad.gif But Yes i will be using probably a 200gig HD

its no problem, i just didtn want to see someone getting kicked off the forums for it

#6 Travis4ku

Travis4ku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

Anyone know where i can get a good guide with pics of how to solder my chip?

#7 Travis4ku

Travis4ku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:36 PM

Wait, Is it possible to solder an ICE chip in a v1.0-1.5 box? I havent been able to find any guides on it at all, and a buddy of mine got the ICE chip Solderless adaptor and it didnt even work. If its possible to solder are there any guides? and how hard is it?

#8 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

check xeniums website, they will have any information you need

#9 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Travis4ku @ Sep 6 2004, 03:09 PM)
Wait, Is it possible to solder an ICE chip in a v1.0-1.5 box? I havent been able to find any guides on it at all, and a buddy of mine got the ICE chip Solderless adaptor and it didnt even work. If its possible to solder are there any guides? and how hard is it?

and yes you can solder the xenium mod chip to the motherboard, its just like any other mod chip in this sense - and no it is not too difficult. all you basically do is lay it on the lpc and solder the matching points then solder the do wire to the mobo and mod chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users