• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 chucky16

chucky16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Attempting to figure out how to use mods on PGR2 while on live ...
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:33 PM

To run a DVD on an unmodded xbox, you need it to be signed ... You know the code, ur online with mods ....

#2 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

Don't forget the part where you can go Live with a modded Xbox.

#3 chucky16

chucky16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

But you can only go on live if the chip is turned off ....

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:51 AM

or if you dont care about being banned (you dont get banned right away)... or hes claiming to have a bios thatll let him go on live modded with no hassle, which i dont believe... wink.gif

#5 chucky16

chucky16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 01:06 AM

Well apparently u can get on, without being banned, because ur not gonna be using a mod chip, just the edited files ...

#6 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 7 2004, 01:54 AM)
or if you dont care about being banned (you dont get banned right away)... or hes claiming to have a bios thatll let him go on live modded with no hassle, which i dont believe... wink.gif

Ehh, I can't see how you can be so active in the "hacking" discussion when you don't know the method.

#7 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:35 PM

Eh, im just throwing out theories... i dont play on live and i dont see the need to cheat while doing so... dry.gif

#8 chucky16

chucky16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:02 PM

this has been goin on for some time now, all I ask is that u push me in the right direction

#9 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (chucky16 @ Sep 7 2004, 09:05 PM)
this has been goin on for some time now, all I ask is that u push me in the right direction

There are "many" methods to play on Live with edited content. The easy method for anyone that won't change some values in their Xbox, is by playing the game from a disc with the modchip disabeled. The clew I gave you is the solution in it self, if you don't understand what I ment you should sit down and learn about the Xbox, starting on basics. You'll not be able to use edited cars on Live, without knowing how the Xbox works in the different stages.

#10 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 7 2004, 01:54 AM)

or if you dont care about being banned (you dont get banned right away)... or hes claiming to have a bios thatll let him go on live modded with no hassle, which i dont believe...  wink.gif

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Sep 7 2004, 04:38 PM)
Eh, im just throwing out theories... i dont play on live and i dont see the need to cheat while doing so...  dry.gif

Well then you somehow missed the point, and how can you not believe it? Would you believe it if he used the proxy method?

You can go Live with the modchip enabled, without getting banned - ever. If you change some values here and there, you'll fool Live as your Xbox will look just like any other Xbox.

The idea is to race your friends, no to cheat. The people that uses modded cars on Live doesn't use them for cheating.

Edited by DOS4GW, 07 September 2004 - 11:39 PM.

#11 chucky16

chucky16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:19 AM

ok i know about the xbox, and u need a default.xbe and the dvd to be signed so what else do I need?

#12 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:35 AM

tongue.gif

I can run copied games on LIVE.
cool.gif

#13 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:45 AM

im not saying i dont believe its possible... im saying i dont believe you can do it... wink.gif

#14 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:02 AM

if you people are openly talking about being able to go on xbox live with backed up games, then why isnt there a thread describing this? or is it just one of those things that isnt openly talked about, as it seems to be?

i for one wouldnt attempt it, but doesnt it come down to the xbl servers checking your bios?

#15 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (ILLusions0fGrander @ Sep 8 2004, 09:05 AM)
or is it just one of those things that isnt openly talked about, as it seems to be?

wink.gif yeah dude , we dont want many people to know that they can play copied games on LIVE. blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users