• 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (redeath @ Nov 23 2004, 08:54 AM)
yer i flashed a 1.6 the outherday

with a camera

is that the same

jester.gif thats like when I was speaking to a mate on msn and I was on about flash (as in internet games etc) and she thought I was on about cameras.

And to them n00bs up there from what I know (maybe wrong on this) the 1.6/b bios is in the the same chip as the EEPROM and video encoder chip which is the Xcyclops. So if you flashed a bios on that you would fuck up your entire xbox.

#47 flipstatus

flipstatus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:55 PM

I jus got an xchip from easybuy2000.com (its a new release). then I installed it with a solderless kit. so then everything is working well. It boot me up on a bios. then I dont kno what to do. I jus bought the chip late Nov 2004. Then I kinda flashed the bios without any idea wat flash means. then when I turned it off and on. the green light turned flashing green n red. then i turned it off again then turned on it wont load me to bios menu. But when I connect my usb. then turned on the xbox then the xbox starts flashing red n green again.

I need help.. PLZ..

FLashing means formating the bios?? how can I restored the bios menu??

#48 elrodri

elrodri

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:02 AM

Please help mee i have a xbox ver 1.6 and i trie to exploit it but nothin work, i trie the fonts xploit and my xbox do not boot, please tell me where i can find a package whit al the files working on a v1.6 my email is elrodrimelendez@hotmail.com. Please i really need help. I hava another xbox alrery modede but this is v1.1 and ther i had no problem, but maybe can be usseful for moded my 1.6 please help me.THKS

#49 kRaYzRaY

kRaYzRaY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:45 AM

I like me the bad english huh yes. i flashed twelveteen xboxes 1.6 with bare fist. okai?

#50 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (flipstatus @ Dec 1 2004, 05:58 PM)
I jus got an xchip from easybuy2000.com (its a new release). then I installed it with a solderless kit. so then everything is working well. It boot me up on a bios. then I dont kno what to do. I jus bought the chip late Nov 2004. Then I kinda flashed the bios without any idea wat flash means. then when I turned it off and on. the green light turned flashing green n red. then i turned it off again then turned on it wont load me to bios menu. But when I connect my usb. then turned on the xbox then the xbox starts flashing red n green again.

I need help.. PLZ..

FLashing means formating the bios?? how can I restored the bios menu??

This is a TSOP forum not an X-Chip forum! I feel you either didn't rebuild the LPC or you didn't flash Evox M8_16plus.

#51 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

So is anybody going to figure out how to flash the onboard bios where ever it's located?

#52 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (XLNC @ Dec 13 2004, 07:20 AM)
So is anybody going to figure out how to flash the onboard bios where ever it's located?

its on the xyclops chip, since there is no part number on the chip we have no idea how to write enable it or if it is even writable, so i would have to say the answer is no, no one is ever gonna figure out how to reprogram the 1.6 onboard bios

#53 largie

largie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:57 PM

its on the xyclops chip, since there is no part number on the chip we have no idea how to write enable it or if it is even writable, so i would have to say the answer is no, no one is ever gonna figure out how to reprogram the 1.6 onboard bios

So if the chip actually is a EEEP-ROM it is possible to rewrite it, right? I guess people with analyze tools may see if this is a PROM or EPROM right?

#54 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (largie @ Dec 19 2004, 12:00 PM)

So if the chip actually is a EEEP-ROM it is possible to rewrite it, right? I guess people with analyze tools may see if this is a PROM or EPROM right?

yeah, however i dont think there is a way to just "analyze" the chip and find out data on it, we'd need a spec sheet, since it doesnt have a manufacturers part number on it basicly our only hope for a spec sheet is to get one leaked from MS

#55 largie

largie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:39 PM

Hmm... That is strange, I'm not a good electrodude (but I have experience from school). Do people (that are great xb-hackers) think it is a eeeprom, or do they think it is a ROM?

Do they have an opinion at all? blink.gif

I wonder if people have links to sites that actually try to analyze this? Or maybe have began working on this little puzzle? smile.gif

I sure hope it is a EEEPROM smile.gif

#56 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:20 AM

It is an ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit).
It has been tailor designed for the Xbox. My thoughts are that it is a microprocessor based design (possibly ARM, though unlikely) and has an internal Flash memory array.
Upon power-up the microprocessor in the ASIC boots from microcode stored in a protected array (flashed at chip manufacture), and presents all data needed on appropriate pins from it's general flash array (you want I2C data, these two pins provide that; LPC boot ROM info? that's over here on these pins). All in all it is actually emulating the devices it is replacing from information stored in the general flash array (likely programmed at time of Xbox manufacture).
While not as cheap as the components it is replacing, it is far more difficult to reverse engineer. The right way to look at this device is a Gen3 modchip and eeprom in a single QPF package.

Just remember: I know nothing, this is just my guess.
-nB

#57 bbg518a

bbg518a

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:39 AM

yes.

#58 Leafz

Leafz

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xbox's, Adding Mods to Xbox's even if their modded.<br />Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:48 AM

So, if theres no TSOP. Where does M$ put their bios?

#59 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(Leafz @ Jan 20 2005, 10:19 PM)
So, if theres no TSOP. Where does M$ put their bios?

View Post

in another chip, the xyclops it seems (no, that one does not appear to be flashable)

TSOP (thin small outline package) simply refers to the size and shape of the chip

#60 tmcaninch

tmcaninch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

can you flash the xbox's TSOP chip on a v1.6? If so how can it be done? do you have to do any sodering?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users