Boobers

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:49 AM

As I indicated in an earlier post, I had successfully installed UDE2.

The cloning process I posted about earlier finally finished. Took about 2 hours.

I took the drive that had just been cloned (120 Gig) and put it on the XBOX. No luck. ERROR #5.

So, I went to put the original drive back on, the one that I had modded with UDE2. Boom. ERROR #5. Ooohhh crap! It was unlocked, so checking to see if that was an issue, I locked the drive. Boom ERROR #6.

I haven't played with it much as I was dodging falling trees that Hurricane FRANCES had decided to throw around my home. Then we lost power and it was a choice between AC and cold beer or the computers. Well, the choice was clear. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif love.gif

I did do a back-up of the original drive prior to UDE2 install. I copied the backup_linux dir to my workstation for safe keeping.

Can anyone give me some guidance on the best way to fix this mess and end up with a modded 120 GIG HD on a UDE2'ed 1.6 Box?

Thanx

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2004 - 11:19 AM

Do you have the eeprom.bin in the backup? What method did you use to lock the hdd when you got error 6?

#3 Boobers

Boobers

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Sep 7 2004, 12:22 PM)
Do you have the eeprom.bin in the backup? What method did you use to lock the hdd when you got error 6?

Yes, I do have an eeprom.bin file in the backup.

I used xboxhdm to lock the HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users