Photo

Ude Memcard Installer To Big For Mem Card?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mzman

mzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:48 AM

Well I just got the brand new UDE1/2 installer 1.7.5 And im trying to use it to mod my friends xbox. So I unpack the 2 save things and put them on my xbox but when I try to try to transfer the 2 installers its way to big! What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Also don't know if it matters but im using the SC NTSC hack. Just like on my own box.

Edited by mzman, 09 September 2004 - 02:59 AM.

#2 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:50 AM

Do you have anything else on the card? Even one save can cause there to not be enough room.

#3 kramus

kramus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (mzman @ Sep 9 2004, 12:51 PM)
Well I just got the brand new UDE1/2 installer 1.7.5 And im trying to use it to mod my friends xbox. So I unpack the 2 save things and put them on my xbox but when I try to try to transfer the 2 installers its way to big! What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Also don't know if it matters but im using the SC NTSC hack. Just like on my own box.

I transferred mine to the memory card using Action Replay. It's a bit retarded, I modified some settings in evox.ini and recompressed the files and ended up at 5.23mb which wouldn't fit on the memory card. I had another save file of 5.6mb or 5.8mb, which would fit on there. A bit strange.

You can just chuck that whole zip file on the memory card without modifying it, it fits.

#4 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

The package should fit as it is on a 8MB memcard. However if the package has been "used" some files are decompressed and it wont fit anymore.

I'm thinking of cutting down the size of the package in the next release. The idea is to make an extension package that contains all the extras (more dashboards, BoxPlorer, ...) that can be transferred as a game save to the xbox under another game save dir. (not MechAssault, 007 or SC) so that it will not interfere with the installer itself. The installer should then detect this add-on and allow the user to install other dashboards and apps when re-running the setup.

#5 anjilslaire

anjilslaire

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:duh...I'm here, aren't I?
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:15 PM

That would be fantastic, ldots! What other features are you considering for a new release? Aside from rmenhal's new m8, I can't imagine anything else.

#6 mzman

mzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

So I don't have to un rar the package? Cause thats what I have done, un rared it then put both parts on to the box and then tried to move it over. One save is 125blocks and the other is 800 some.

#7 badpack3t

badpack3t

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

Yeah I was wondering this myself. I had planned on doing the ltools softmod using MA. I had just bought a 8meg MadCatz Gameshark card. Will this one be ok? Also, do I decompress the ltools_MA_v1.7.5.zip and then put it on the mem card?

Also, would I beable to fit one saved game and the ltools on the memcard?

One other thing, here are my xbox specs:

K: 5838
D: 5659

Will these be ok for the ltools softmod?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by badpack3t, 09 September 2004 - 09:52 PM.

#8 anjilslaire

anjilslaire

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:duh...I'm here, aren't I?
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:50 PM

If you're using the AR software, just drag it zipped over to the AR window. Other saves depend completely on their size

#9 mzman

mzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:58 PM

Im not using AR software, im using MS dash to try and move them. But I did just try moving them with XBMC but everytime I do that i get a XBMC corrupted save.

#10 JimmyGoon

JimmyGoon

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:27 PM

Actually ... I have never gotten it to fit.... so

do this:

load up a simple FTP gamesave exploit... get EvoX running with FTP.

FTP in the big Memcard UDE installer reboot... load up the gamesave again.... this time WallAA MediaXmenU and UDE installer!!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#11 badpack3t

badpack3t

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:36 PM

Where do you put the ltools installer once you have ftp'ed in? Also, does it have to be compressed?

#12 mzman

mzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:50 PM

Do you have an example of a simple FTP exploit?

Cause I just tried to FTP UDE over EvoX and it still says the two saves ar corrupted.

#13 mzman

mzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (badpack3t @ Sep 10 2004, 12:39 AM)
Where do you put the ltools installer once you have ftp'ed in? Also, does it have to be compressed?

In to the UDATA folder on E drive. And they should be uncompressed I believe. Then just pop in your game and load the hacked save.

#14 mzman

mzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:50 AM

Sweet! Figured it out. I had been trying to put UDATA/21... whatever folders but what i was supposed to be doing is just putting the main 2 folders and skipping the UDATA one.
Wish I had figured that out earlyer. Well me and my friend with the new modded xbox thank you all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users