Photo

Once And For All

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Is a nissan a french car? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Is a nissan a french car?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 fishlord

fishlord

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 11:25 PM

No. It is not.

#2 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:55 AM

Supporting Nissan is like supporting France
France wouldnt support us in the war on terror (Invading Iraq)
Therefore the french support terrorism
So buy a Nissan is supporting terrorism......???

Go to Nissanmotors.com and read up on the deal if you like. Basically Nissan Execs are still in charge of the normal day to day operations of the company. Not a whole lot has changed. Maybe so crossever vehichles in the future. Arguement over.....

#3 fishlord

fishlord

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Sep 10 2004, 01:58 AM)
Arguement over.....

bet u its not... bet u he will still argue it.

#4 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:01 AM

IMHO, it all depends. Just because Renault owns Nissan, doesn't mean Nissan's are French. It is true they may see money from Nissan but if Nissans are still (by and large)get their parts and are assembled elsewhere then they really aren't french.

#5 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:48 PM

I've never said Nissan cars were assembled in France, nor did I say they suffered any lack of quality since the Renault deal in 1999, all I said was Nissan is owned by a French Automaker, which is an undisputed fact. This means profits from Nissan go to the French, and this means supporting Nissan, supports France.

Just because you don't know what you're talking about, doesn't mean you need to act like a ten year old and start rallying people "omg who else thinks nissan is japanese" and starting arguments in every thread.

#6 fishlord

fishlord

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:47 PM

10 year old??? this from the guy who flamed other peoples cars (namely the supra) for saying he was wrong and resorted to name calling...

Nissan is not french simply because it is owned (partially) by a french company.
No one is dusputing the fact that peugot owns part of nissan.

Edited by fishlord, 10 September 2004 - 06:48 PM.

#7 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:48 PM

Who cares

#8 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (nemt @ Sep 10 2004, 03:51 PM)
I've never said Nissan cars were assembled in France, nor did I say they suffered any lack of quality since the Renault deal in 1999, all I said was Nissan is owned by a French Automaker, which is an undisputed fact. This means profits from Nissan go to the French, and this means supporting Nissan, supports France.

"Anyway, Nissan isn't really Japanese, they're owned by Renault which is French...which is arguably worse. "

If this isn't attributed to quality then what is it about?
Economics and me supporting another countries economy and hurting my own by purchasing a car made in Japan, France, or wherever? While I commend the patriot in you for wanting to help the US economy and I'm sure you exclusively purchase items that are US made, I'm going to say, let's keep this debate in the politcal sections and out of a "who owns what car thread". This isn't the place for it.

Side notes: Renault, not Peugot, has an alliance with Nissan. I'd still happily drive a Skyline.

Arguement over. This time, it is wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users