• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Stuff!
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:10 PM

Hi, I'm thinking of buying one of those remote power on kits for the xbox:
http://www.cheaplpc....xir/xireasy.asp

My question is how would I go about setting it up for which button on the xbox remote powers it on/off. The answer is probably sitting right in front of me but I can't seem to find it

This seems like it would be incredibly cool to have on my xbox so I could maximize my laziness so any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

edit: while we're at it, anybody here installed one of these? The instructions on the site are a little sketchy and I'd love to have someone to occasionally email or im about installation questions, thx again

Edited by namek0, 10 September 2004 - 06:13 PM.

#2 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

hm dont you need to buy a switch? tongue.gif hm i dont know just save yourself like 30 bucks (after shipping and everything) buy an switch with 2 points i think that is an spst, and go to tutorials section there is a couple tutorials to do it there very simple i have on / off buttons in all 5 of my xbox controllers tongue.gif

#3 namek0

namek0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

thanks for the quick response, I'll look into it
(I'm at work so I have nothing better to do than check the forums)

#4 Palmore

Palmore

ProjectDeck.Xbox-Scene.Com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:25 PM

With the xIR its either Select or Display (can't think off the top of my hand, LOONNG night last night) and to turn it off I'm pretty sure it's the 0 key.

#5 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:28 PM

yo...can anyone here see my sig? with the 2 xbox pics and tutorial pages etc.....my friend said he couldnt see it unless you have to be registered? just need to know ;p

#6 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:30 PM

I Have A Pro Kit At Home If You Want I Will Sell It To You.

#7 namek0

namek0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:30 PM

Yeah I can see it just fine, I am logged in though. And no thanks on the xir pro, I apreciate the offer though

- hey, is www.xbox-scene.com down or is it just me

Edited by namek0, 10 September 2004 - 06:32 PM.

#8 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (SLuSHIE @ Sep 10 2004, 02:31 PM)
yo...can anyone here see my sig? with the 2 xbox pics and tutorial pages etc.....my friend said he couldnt see it unless you have to be registered? just need to know ;p

I See It Halo Case And The Other One.

#9 SLuSHIE

SLuSHIE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

cool.gif thanks all i needed to know

#10 Dasgooch

Dasgooch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 September 2004 - 08:32 PM

I've got the XIR mod installed on my box and it is awesome! You are right their install instructions are kind of vague on the site but its really no sweat to get installed. As far as the buttons the Display button will turn on the xbox with D0 grounded (Mod on). The Select button will turn it on with it ungrounded (Mod Off). And 0 turns it off. I think there is a way to reprogram it but you would need a peice of hardware to put the chip onto and physically reprogram the chip they send you. If you need some help PM me and i'll be glad to help you out if I can.

Edit: I should also note that if you install it the way it comes it will just turn the Xbox on and off with either Display or Select. It will only turn your mod chip on and off if you resolder D0 to the XIR module.

Edited by Dasgooch, 10 September 2004 - 08:34 PM.

#11 namek0

namek0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 02:12 AM

Sounds good so far, I'm almost sold on one of these biggrin.gif

I wish I could only use the power on function, I can always shut off my xbox normally with the remote (in dashboard control)

#12 lostissues

lostissues

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:00 AM

on is the select button and 0 is the off button. its east to install just jam 2 wired in to the power connector, unplug the yellow on the mobo and plug it in the xir then the red from the xir to the mobo, run the ir reciever to where the remote can see it. (i drilled a hole and it works/looks good) i out the reviever between the outside of the case and put a piece of paper to keep it in place. the only hard part was putting everything back together and trying to make the hdd holder sit the way it was with the xir under it, you just have to find the sweet spot where it doesnt interfear with anything. pm me if you need any help at all.
Lost

#13 dwpoyner

dwpoyner

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:38 AM

Go for it. The instructions make more sense when you are starting at the guts of your Xbox. It really is a piece of cake. You won't regret it.

D

#14 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:27 AM

Yeah sorry bout the instructions and such. Im the type of guy that when he buys something he doesnt even read the instructions..just tries and sees if it all fist together.

When I made the instructions, I tried to make it step by step, with some assumptions (like how to open the xbox).

Im working on a flash+video install which should be easier. Its proving more complicated than I thought though.

#15 namek0

namek0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:06 PM

I bought one the other day and installed it in no time. I'll tell you guys what, I've never enjoyed being so lazy so much as I am with this xir.

It's so damn handy being able to turn it on without having to move a few feet. I see what you meant when you said finding the sweet spot can be a little tough, I somehow managed to get it right the second time around.

I drilled a hole in the front of the xbox for the receiver and knowing me managed to slip with the drill and put a big ass scratch on the top, grr. Nothing a permanent marker didn't fix though tongue.gif

thx again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users