• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mate0

mate0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:09 PM

I'm trying to soft mod my xbox using hotswap method. It worked for me only in running WinXP, but it worked. I could run HDD driver, but there was infinite number of filesize errors. I decided to burn some stuff from second hdd (bigger) and then do some backups to eliminate those errors. There are two hdds connected to my PC at the moment.

Now my situation looks like that: When I hotswap xbox hdd the computer just freezes. I'm not able to do anything, only brutal restart. I have no idea what I do wrong.
Could u help me?

#2 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:53 PM

well my thoughts on the matter is even though the hotswap idea is on paper hot-plugging a hard drive in to your motherboard is a HORRIBLE idea. most likelly your hardware isnt stabel enough to handle it and you eiter allready did ruin your PC or might have damaged somethign to put bad data on.

#3 illmatik

illmatik

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

Try using xboxhdm and ldots UDE package rather than doing it from windows. It's much better, I've done it three times.

BUT, make sure youre careful. I busted my IDE cable doing the hotswap method, not sure how I broke it, but it caused me lots of time and trouble to figure out it was the IDE cable. As long as you dont yank on it and stretch it, you'll be safe. Just be careful smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users