TamaNeko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Cows<br>Xbox<br>MOO
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:41 AM

I recently bough a broken Xbox, version 1.1 from eBay(yeah, I know it was probably not a good idea, but it was cheap, and I've fixed a broken PS2 from eBay before). tongue.gif

Originally, it was giving a error code 07, but this was due to the hard drive jumper set to master, so I set it back to cable select.

Now the Xbox boots up faster than before, but now to a screen with error code 06. I've been searching through the boards, both here and in other forums, and from what I've been able to understand(barely blink.gif ), this has something to do with the HD being locked or having been locked in another Xbox.

Thing is, all the posts I've found relating to this problem have the Xbox already modded. The one I have right now isn't, though it probably was before since all the screws inside the Xbox are gone. The hard drive seems to be the original one, though, since it's a Seagate 10 gig.

So is my Xbox totally screwed, or could I mod it, then use a Slayers Evox auto installer CD to fix it? unsure.gif

#2 Gonzo_PhD

Gonzo_PhD

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:54 AM

You're going to need a modchip either way. If it is the original HD, you can put a chip in, get the EEPROM, and lock it. If it isn't the original HD (or it was locked in another box), then it's useless - and you're going to have to put a modchip in and install a new HD.

#3 GoukiX

GoukiX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:X Factor RIP...
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Gonzo_PhD @ Sep 12 2004, 06:57 AM)
You're going to need a modchip either way. If it is the original HD, you can put a chip in, get the EEPROM, and lock it. If it isn't the original HD (or it was locked in another box), then it's useless - and you're going to have to put a modchip in and install a new HD.

yep whatever gonzo said, just get a new hdd and a modchip then it should be good as new. keep us informed rolleyes.gif

#4 TamaNeko

TamaNeko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Cows<br>Xbox<br>MOO
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:39 AM

Wow. Quick replies. Thanks! biggrin.gif

So, let me get this straight. I mod the Xbox with a modchip(plan to get a Aladdin Advance V64), then boot up the system using a EvoX bootcd and from there on figure out how to unlock the harddrive?

Anyway, while I wait for the modchip, I took the Xbox apart, and found a dead roach under the hard drive. blink.gif Plus it stinks like cigarettes. Word of advice to anyone who buys a used Xbox - take it apart and wash the whole thing out. cool.gif

#5 sheliak

sheliak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:50 AM

Another thing to note, as far as I have heard, all v1.0 and v1.1 models come with the Western Digital 8GB. Sounds like the seller put in a different stock drive from another box. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

#6 GoukiX

GoukiX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:X Factor RIP...
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (sheliak @ Sep 12 2004, 07:53 AM)
Another thing to note, as far as I have heard, all v1.0 and v1.1 models come with the Western Digital 8GB. Sounds like the seller put in a different stock drive from another box. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

dont forget he also hid a dead cockroach and smoked while he replaced the hdd. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users