7 replies to this topic

#1 jwcorder

jwcorder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:22 PM

Guys,

I got a 1.6 Xbox that I have been using for a few months now. It has actually set idle for about a month without me playing it. It is not modded. Today I decided to try the soft mod on the box. I booted it to load MechAssault and the box came up with flashing Green and Red and then error code 16. So I powered the box off and back on again and this time I got error code 6. Now it's 6's every time. It will not boot.

It is factory everything, no mods. I have three other xbox harddrives and one of them is unlocked. I also have another Xbox that is modded with Lite+ mod. The chip will not work on the 1.6v Xbox though.

What's my options here? Is there anything I can do? I got a Xecuter Pro chip but I can't solder for crap. I thought about sending it into system-mods to have them install it but I don't know if they will install the chip with the hdd screwed.

Basically is there anything I can do other then put a chip in it to fix it? I assume there is a process that MS does when I box has a bad hdd. Anyone know what to do here? Thanks for your help.

#2 Sord_Fish

Sord_Fish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:14 PM

according to the error info here

code 6 is cannot unlock hdd.

have you got the unlock code for the drive? if so try unlocking it with a pc

Edited by Sord_Fish, 12 September 2004 - 10:17 PM.

#3 jwcorder

jwcorder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:45 PM

Yeah I know it is hdd cannot unlock. But I have not got the lock code. It's unmodded. No way to get the code off. Any other ideas?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

#4 exiva

exiva

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:54 PM

i havent tried this myself (i dont have a pc, and my xbox is on temp. vacation getting chipped... that sounds wrong. laugh.gif ) but xboxhdm may help you out. with its unlocking/locking tools. its worth a try.

#5 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:56 PM

Perhaps the unique hdd key was corrupted on the eeprom. Although I would expect red flashing with no video from that.. I think you will need to atleast borrow a modchip. Possibly use an eeprom embedded bios..

#6 jwcorder

jwcorder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:11 AM

So it looks like my only option is to add mod chip? Thanks for the continued help and ideas everyone.....

#7 rsaad

rsaad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

I have error code 6 my hdd key says all 0's but my hdd locking password is there. What can i do

#8 cricri_pingouin

cricri_pingouin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(rsaad @ Jul 25 2007, 06:45 AM) View Post

I have error code 6 my hdd key says all 0's but my hdd locking password is there. What can i do

"hdd key says all 0's ": huh?
"hdd locking password is there": what do you mean? How do you know it's locked?

If you have the key, you can try to unlock/lock the drive again using XboxHDM while having the drive connected to your PC. XboxHDM instructions here:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users