• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PCBUILDERCHRIS

PCBUILDERCHRIS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:COMPUTER BUILDING<br />XBOX HACKING<br />HATING ON OTHERS<br />BEING MEAN AND NOT WANTING TO
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:02 AM

hey has any one thought of rigging a xbox break away to a usb cord and connecting it to the xbox will the pc recognize the xbox maybe as a pda or something

#2 mkulrey13

mkulrey13

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Computer Modding&lt;br&gt;Xbox Modding&lt;br&gt;Sex
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:09 AM

...waste of forum space.....

#3 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:17 AM

Drivers for those functions don't just magically appear, they need to be implemented. Networking is designed to function through the ethernet port also, so why bother.. There are ways to connect as a network share, and obviously ftp/telnet already.. No lack of communication between the machines...

#4 666weasel

666weasel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (mkulrey13 @ Sep 13 2004, 03:12 AM)
...waste of forum space.....

Listen, no offence mkulrey13 or anyone else, but this is the NEWBIE CHAT forum....

If you don't wish to back up why this idea is a waste of space or help in actually making this idea a reality then why are you visiting the NEWBIE CHAT forum?

I wish all of the people who act like they were born knowing all about modding etc would just stay out of this forum...

I have gained valuable knowledge since I came here by reading the faq's etc... but other's are just flamed by the geek's for proposing an idea and asking those who have knowledge.

If you don't like NEWBIE question's, stay your ass out of the NEWBIE CHAT FORUM.

Thank-you! Have a nice day....

#5 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:35 AM

It was harsh, but if you let topics like this persist other newbs will get confused. This notion has come up many times before, and will come up many more times.. Its also similar in practise to a valid method of connecting the controller to the pc in order to access a mem card. No need to have similar confusion to that between bios cd's and evox cd's.. Thats the classic newb stumper..

#6 666weasel

666weasel

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Sep 13 2004, 04:38 AM)
It was harsh, but if you let topics like this persist other newbs will get confused. This notion has come up many times before, and will come up many more times.. Its also similar in practise to a valid method of connecting the controller to the pc in order to access a mem card. No need to have similar confusion to that between bios cd's and evox cd's.. Thats the classic newb stumper..

Thank's for that, I guess my reply was also over the top too.... laugh.gif

But the post that I quoted was the answer we needed, not a one liner telling us how stupid we are without a reason!

Thank's to triggernum5

#7 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:03 PM

Cut him some slack... he's thinking, that's more than a lot of people do. The reason we have so many good techniques and software programs is because people were coming up with ideas. Who knows, maybe some day someone will come up with a way to do what he's mentioning.

The main reason it hasn't been done yet is most likely because the data transfer rate is so slow through USB that there's no real need. With network connections zipping along at high speeds the USB thing would only serve as a much slower alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users