3 replies to this topic

#1 TheWraith357

TheWraith357

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:00 PM

ok, so I have a tsop'd box right........its been working fine for about 2 months now. Yesterday i went to turn it on after it had been off for about 3 days, and now when i do is freezes at the flubber animation screen and F.R.A.G. usually Xecuter2 would be in little white text beneath it but that never shows up either. So i decided to leave it fragging and see if i got any errors. Well about 5min later i got the HDD Timeout error and nearly shit. But it turns out the HDD isnt even the problem, i dug up my stock HDD and put the jumper on Cable Select of my newer 80gig one, connected it all up again and turned it on. Now its still fragging, but this time i gott the Dashboard Cannot be loaded error, i figured the HDD was fried but for the hell of it i disconnected my stock philips DVD drive completley, and now when i boot evox it loads just fine, ('cept for laggin at flubber animation....prolly cuz it cant find any dvd drive) so my question is, Wtf is goin on? would my dvd drive be able to cause the HDD timeout error??? and what about the Dashboard Error? it would seem to me that the dvd would have nothing to do with that. i guess i should test a friends dvd drive in mine to confirm that its busted, connections are all fine and firm , so is my dvd drive causing all these errors? it does make a kind of clicking noise now, i hust want to be sure that its the drive and not something i could fix w/ out dropping another like 80 dollers on my box , sorry for huge post, and/or newb like behavior laugh.gif

#2 TheWraith357

TheWraith357

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:15 PM

i just need some one with a lil more experience to tell me what to do next laugh.gif

#3 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:39 PM

try replacing the ide cable. if that doesnt work, its new dvd drive time.

#4 TheWraith357

TheWraith357

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:34 PM

ya, i forgot to mention i tried the IDEcable that came with my western digital hdd but that didnt work either....... sad.gif what drive would you reccomend, and maybe a place to get it cheap if you know. thanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users