#1 Atlantica

Atlantica

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

I am almost certain that I got the correct password for my harddrive, but I can't unlock the drive using it. First I checked the harddrive with ATAPWD.EXE and it looked like this:

S: +
E: +
L: +
F: -
X: -
V: h

I know the "S" is allright as it has the (+), but E and L also have the (+) which mean the harddrive is locked. I know these should become -'es when unlocking the drive with HDUNLOCK.EXE but they don't. Also, what is the deal about the (h) at the V???
What does it mean? I can't figure out why my PC wont unlock it when I assumingly supply the correct password???

(As a note I might say that I've got the password from within my smartXX, the entire password are lower case letters like a, b, c, d, e, s etc. and NOT A, B, C, D, E, S. Don't know if it's just the SmartXX making the password lowercase or if this is correct or not)

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:04 PM

What program was the hdd locked with? Its in High security mode which is good.. Try TEAMASSEMBLY or XBOXSCENE as the master password in atapwd.exe.

#3 Atlantica

Atlantica

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Sep 13 2004, 10:07 PM)
What program was the hdd locked with?  Its in High security mode which is good..  Try TEAMASSEMBLY or XBOXSCENE as the master password in atapwd.exe.

The Seagate drive was locked in my Xbox with my SmartXX chip. I locked the drive, removed it and locked/unlocked another drive and then put the Seagate back and now I could do nothing to it, it just wont unlock, only tells me that the drive is locked an unlocking is not possible. I tried to unlock it in ATAPWD.EXE with the passwords TEAMASSEBLY and XBOXSCENE but it just rejected the command and another time it said something like: BUSY! Timed out ???

Should I return the drive to the manufacturer or are there still things to do with it?
Why is it good that it's in high security mode, that just means it's completely impossible to unlock or am I mistaken here?

Edited by Atlantica, 14 September 2004 - 10:43 AM.

#4 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:56 PM

High security mode is easier to deal with than Maximum security mode, but if the hdd isn't unlocking with any passwords then that doesn't help you... If the hdd is under warranty I would return it..

#5 Atlantica

Atlantica

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Sep 14 2004, 02:59 PM)
High security mode is easier to deal with than Maximum security mode, but if the hdd isn't unlocking with any passwords then that doesn't help you...  If the hdd is under warranty I would return it..

I've just downloaded this utility from Seagate website. This will be my last attempt. If it does not work I'll return the disk (It's still under warrenty). Thanks to everyone trying to help, I will report in here if I have succes with the tools provided by my harddrive manufacturer.
Again thx. to everyone.

Edited by Atlantica, 14 September 2004 - 08:28 PM.

#6 Atlantica

Atlantica

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:30 AM

Well, the utility could do nothing so the drive is beeing returned, end of topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users