• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mooncricketpimp

mooncricketpimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:59 PM

Wuts up? I use flashfxp on my comp and i load evox through mechassault on my xbox. When I connect my xbox to my comp i get a list of folders (C D E F I X Y Z). I take off a patch or something on PSO using this technique so I was wondering if I could edit PGR2 somehow.

#2 mooncricketpimp

mooncricketpimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:14 PM

woa, I found some wierd stuff. I wuz searching through all the files and folders and such, and i found all of the Dcontentcar.ini things. like Dcontentcar1.ini though 27. When I view these files, it shows me ALL of the cars specifications. and I mean ALL tire is spelled tyre in all of the files though but it shows me tourque,steer correction,maxboost,turbofriction,turbocharged,top gear(wait a minute, i can give these cars more gears and a turbo charged engine? can i even edit the cars this way or would it just ruin my game??

#3 chucky16

chucky16

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Attempting to figure out how to use mods on PGR2 while on live ...
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:03 PM

to edit the files you need the game (pgr2) saved to your harddrive .... and once you have that done, you can edit the cars under the car dynamics folder .... open it up in word pad or something, then play around with the numbers ... and you may want to consider putting PGR2 editor on ur xbox

Edited by chucky16, 13 September 2004 - 11:04 PM.

#4 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (mooncricketpimp @ Sep 13 2004, 11:17 PM)
woa, I found some wierd stuff. I wuz searching through all the files and folders and such, and i found all of the Dcontentcar.ini things. like Dcontentcar1.ini though 27. When I view these files, it shows me ALL of the cars specifications. and I mean ALL tire is spelled tyre in all of the files though but it shows me tourque,steer correction,maxboost,turbofriction,turbocharged,top gear(wait a minute, i can give these cars more gears and a turbo charged engine? can i even edit the cars this way or would it just ruin my game??

If you got the content from Live, and it is placed in your Tdata folder, you do not want to edit those inis without patching default.xbe and dlcontent.xbe. If the byte size on those inis are to be changed, you can get issues regarding contentmeta.xbx reporting what's in the folders and their sizes to the xbes.

If the modder of your Xbox copied the game the your Xbox hdd with the content (wich is grabbed from somewhere, anywhere) you can edit as much as you like.

Do remember to backup...

Edited by DOS4GW, 14 September 2004 - 03:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users