#1 digisolo

digisolo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:35 PM

I made the big mistake of trying to install an X2.3B Lite very late at night when I was dead tired, and think I screwed up really bad. After I got the chip in, I started the xbox, it restarted twice then went to the cromwell flash screen. Figured it was working, so I shut off the xbox and got the bios disc ready. When I turned on the xbox, it restarted twice, then the eject button just sat there flashing, no video or anything.

I troubleshot for awhile (and now disconnected the chip completely, still fraged), and decided to resolder my connections, and eventually lifted out the D0 pad (top), now there is just an empty hole. I decided to try to solder a small piece of wire from inside the D0 hole to the trace. By this time I could barely focus and was getting very aggravated. Anyways, I destroyed to top D0 and a small piece of the trace, up to where it makes its first turn (v 1.0).

I have decent soldering skills when my dumbass is awake mad.gif I think I screwed up the D0 in the beginning by "preparing" it a little too much with an xacto knife. Basically, has anyone had any luck fixing or bypassing this top D0 point. I was wondering if I could solder a thin piece of wire from the trace going to the top D0 and connect it to the bottom D0 ? Or is there another way? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

user posted image

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

yep.. wire to trace and bottom d0 will work.

#3 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:16 AM

I can do those repairs for you, pm me for details.
-nB

#4 digisolo

digisolo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:57 AM

Thanks Arakon, I will give it a try, and thanks for the offer nB, but I am gonna try this one myself.

#5 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:06 AM

In that case visit my website and look at the repairs section under topics and you'll get an idea about some of the methods useable for the repair job. Good luck wink.gif
-nB

#6 digisolo

digisolo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:35 AM

nB, I meant to thank you for your website, as I have already checked it out, you certainly have some skills with an iron. There is some really great stuff on there. I went ahead and soldered a small piece of kynar to the damaged topside trace, and connected it to the bottom D0, SUCCESS beerchug.gif M$ booted right up! So I guess all I have to do is reinstall the 2.3B Lite to the LPC and connect the D0 wire from the chip to anywhere on my top to bottom wire right?

#7 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:19 AM

yes, although I suggest you just connect the chip d0 to the bottom d0 point as well, much cleaner than hooking it up halfway on the wire.

#8 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (digisolo @ Sep 15 2004, 07:38 AM)
I went ahead and soldered a small piece of kynar to the damaged topside trace, and connected it to the bottom D0, SUCCESS

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users