Photo

Will Having The Fan Cranke Dout At 5x Have Neprob?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The InVert KING

The InVert KING

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:37 AM

I just found this! its a stock fan in there right now.. my question is if i use the stock fan at 5x will it destroy it?

#2 The InVert KING

The InVert KING

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

cmon people answer

#3 Striker2k2

Striker2k2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:26 PM

why in the fuck would you want it so fast?
damn noise is annoying as hell....

#4 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

Why dont you just answer his question? Running it at 5x will run it at 12volts. Since its a 12volt fan, it really shouldnt be a problem. To me, adding life onto the cpu by keeping it relatively cool is well worth the chance of having a fan die out on you in which case, only run you about 5$ to get a new one. If your CPU dies, its gonna be a hell of a lot more than that.

If you do want to run it at 5x, it is quite noisy, I suggest checking out ebay and buying a 80mm fan for the xbox. You can get a clear one with just about any color leds on it already, all you have to do is plug it in and its all set. Mine was 7$ and well worth it cuz it matches the rest of my xbox.

#5 The InVert KING

The InVert KING

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:32 AM

o i already have a fan just havnet installed... also i guess i just plug it in the where the existing fan is instead of harddrve... so i can increase speed?

#6 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:13 AM

Well, it really depends on what fan you got. If you got one specifically for the xbox, it should be fine fitting right in. You just have to trim a few corners off it with a dremel or a even a hack saw. I had to use a hack saw because I didnt yet have a dremel at the time and this was my first mod as its pretty much as easy as it gets.

If you do have to, or want to power it by splicing into the hdd power, (i dont really suggest it, because you may need that for other mods later on if you plan on having em) there are molex connectors out there that let you splice off the power without the need to solder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users