#1 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:17 AM

I tried to get some help in other forums, days went by but no response. So this is my last resort.

I think I hosed my M$ dash, I cannot get it to load. If I try to launch the dash from Ava, it just reboots, if I try to launch from my Xenium, I get FRAG and service screen, NO error numbers.

I loaded a retail BIOS onto my chip, no go.

At one point when I launched the msdash tHc Lite booted, so then I knew it was hosed, dunno how, its been working great forever.

SO I guess my question is, how do I go about reinstalling the M$ dash? I have a copy of it. But I am not sure what files or folders are involved or any repercussions with saved games or what not.

OH I also try to run a xbdashupdate, it just says that it fails and reboots. So any help on how to get the original dash back is appreciate, I am getting antsy and want to get on live, especially with Halo2 around the corner. blink.gif

#2 KeyMastur

KeyMastur

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Women, Sports, Weights, Computers, Photography
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:20 AM

you could download slayer's and use the Fix / Upgrade MS Dash feature.

or if you have a backup of your old HD you could FTP those files over.

#3 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:23 AM

Well I dunno what files have to be sent over. I formatted the old drive but I could use slayers to put it back to stock and then FTP the files over if I knew which ones.

I am just really worried about my F: and G: drive, I got about 150 gigs of shit I dont wanna lose.

#4 BlooGoo

BlooGoo

X-S Expert

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Tommy Vercetti @ Sep 15 2004, 02:26 AM)
Well I dunno what files have to be sent over. I formatted the old drive but I could use slayers to put it back to stock and then FTP the files over if I knew which ones.

I am just really worried about my F: and G: drive, I got about 150 gigs of shit I dont wanna lose.

just format the c drive or just rebuild the c drive

it won't touch the rest

alternatively, you could ftp everythign from your f and g drives to a computer and then format if your hd is big enough and you're THAT worried about everythign

#5 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:31 AM

well.. if you just ftp'd the xboxdash.xbe from your old backup to the c drive.. then that should work, at least to load up the msdash.. and it wouldnt have anything to do with your F drive...

#6 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:32 AM

you dont have to format C, if you do youll likely have to resetup avalaunch. you said you had a backup of C:\, right? just ftp in and send all of those files to C overwriting the existing ones. you dont have to worry about your gamesaves as they are on E, and avalaunch shouldn't get touched either, assuming it wasnt installed when you backed up C.

#7 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:53 PM

Thanks guys, I'll give that a try tonight. Hope it works. I just did the xboxdash.xbe already, (from a backed up copy) that didnt help. I will give the previous reccomendation a shot and post my results.

#8 revolver944

revolver944

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:01 PM

dude, if you use slayers, you can reinstall the M$dash with the slayers disk. then make shure you lock your hdd afterwards and you should be good to go. beerchug.gif

#9 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:14 AM

Back in business! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users